The Next Point of Business

If it doesn't fit into a category above, then inscribe it here, O Mighty One...

Moderators: DJ LaBoss, finarvyn, michaelcurtis, Harley Stroh

jonchappellnow2
Wild-Eyed Zealot

Re: The Next Point of Business

Post by jonchappellnow2 »

New to the forums here.

I would REALLY like to see an Index. This is a monster of a book and not having an index for new players is a definitely a drawback.

Also, a glossary of key terms. There are both old and new concepts in this game and having one spot to put them all in would be VERY helpful.

Perhaps they could even hire Stephen Poag to do some more art if we're lucky.

Regarding the Judge's Screen, here is the solution that I'm planning on implementing, which addresses the challenge of having so many charts that you regularly use:

http://www.amazon.com/Aidata-Flip-Find- ... 356&sr=1-1

Karaptis
Cold-Blooded Diabolist

Post by Karaptis »

Like Machpants said!
PeelSeel2
Hard-Bitten Adventurer

Post by PeelSeel2 »

My project for the week is to make a GM Screen for my DCC RPG sessions. It will be 2, 3-4 panel of laminated, continuous print lightweight cardboard. I am hoping it will turn out very professional looking. I will post pictures when project is done. I want it done by Friday, as I am running an introduction to D&D adventure at the local con. When I do this every April, I usually have 8-12 players. I plan on introducing them to DCC RPG this year with a lot of fun with the 0 level characters!!
Klyngster
Far-Sighted Wanderer
FLGS: I'm Board! Games

Post by Klyngster »

I'm also working on my Judge's Screen for this weekend. I'll be sure to put up pictures when (and if) it gets finished.
caveman
Hard-Bitten Adventurer

Post by caveman »

I think a Grimoire and Patron Magic book would be great. It could have alternate mercurial magic tables, spells, and savage patrons, perhaps even dungeons and artifacts associated with those patrons...
Harley Stroh
Cold-Hearted Immortal

Post by Harley Stroh »

caveman wrote:...savage patrons, perhaps even dungeons and artifacts associated with those patrons...
Great idea!

//H
The lucky guy who got to write some Dungeon Crawl Classics.

DCC Resource thread: character sheets, judge tools, and the world's fastest 0-level party creator.
Harley Stroh
Cold-Hearted Immortal

Post by Harley Stroh »

Klyngster wrote:I'm also working on my Judge's Screen for this weekend. I'll be sure to put up pictures when (and if) it gets finished.
PeelSeel2 wrote:My project for the week is to make a GM Screen for my DCC RPG sessions. It will be 2, 3-4 panel of laminated, continuous print lightweight cardboard. I am hoping it will turn out very professional looking. I will post pictures when project is done.
Awesome! I can't wait to see these screens ...

//H

DCC Resource thread: character sheets, judge tools, and the world's fastest 0-level party creator.
RevTurkey
Mighty-Thewed Reaver

Post by RevTurkey »

Well I don't know if anyone is interested but here is my answer to the screen until something official comes out for me to buy..

I have used my tabletop music rest to place all my critical and fumble tables on (laminated of course).

I just put the one that I need at any time to the front of the screen. it's not perfect but helps keep them organised.

I have my two sets of 'normal' poly dice and two sets of Zocchi (but only one d30).
I have the first two levels of Spells in an A4 display folder to look up (good enough for a few levels).

Also, my index card laminated 0-level character sheets. Easy wipe for all the gooey gruesome deaths.

Oh..and I forgot to put the Character reference sheets for the players to look at in the photo...oops.

Just waiting for the 'real' rulebook to crash onto the hallway floor and the first module and I am good to start!
Attachments
photo-3.JPG
photo-3.JPG (184.69 KiB) Viewed 38006 times
Playing since about 1980
Latest games: DCC RPG of course!
Quote I like: "I am on a computer therfore I am" (Alan Plater)
SYKOJAK
Far-Sighted Wanderer

Post by SYKOJAK »

As a player, I would request the following:

#1: Complete spell Grimoires, (1 for Wizards, and 1 for Clerics.)
#2: Complete Deities Book: to list all the Gods from the Various Mythos for Cleric players and DMs as to what a God's realms of influences are and what dos and dont's each particular God has.
#3: Spellmaker's Guide: as a fan of the Elder Scroll Series, one of my favorite things to do is make up new spells for personal useage.
#4: Enchanter's Guide: as a fan of the Elder Scroll Series, another favorite thing to do is make up new magical items for personal useage.
There comes a point in time when it all comes down to the roll of a die!
PeelSeel2
Hard-Bitten Adventurer

Post by PeelSeel2 »

Looking over the thread again, I missed this:
jonchappellnow2 wrote:.....Regarding the Judge's Screen, here is the solution that I'm planning on implementing, which addresses the challenge of having so many charts that you regularly use:

http://www.amazon.com/Aidata-Flip-Find- ... 356&sr=1-1

I think that is the best solution for a screen I have ever seen!! I may have to reconsider even making a screen and make that. Screens are limited in their usefulness.
reverenddak

Post by reverenddak »

Heavy Metal T-shirt and matching Tote bag!!!
Campaign Setting with Deities and Demigods!!
Judge's Kit with Screen (landscape!) and reference booklet (crit tables, fumbles, magic items, corruption, disapproval, etc.)
Player's Kit with Dice, character folder or binder, and reference booklet (character generation, equipment lists, tips)
Reverend Dakota Jesus Ultimak, S.S.M.o.t.S.M.S., D.M.

(Dungeon) Master In Chief of Crawl! fanzine. - http://www.crawlfanzine.com/

"[...] there is no doubt that Dungeons and Dragons and its imitators are right out of the pit of hell." - William Schnoebelen, Straight talk on Dungeons & Dragons
jeff
Wild-Eyed Zealot

Post by jeff »

And a travel coffee mug with the DCC logo on it! :mrgreen:
RevTurkey
Mighty-Thewed Reaver

Post by RevTurkey »

I second the other Rev's suggestions.
Playing since about 1980
Latest games: DCC RPG of course!
Quote I like: "I am on a computer therfore I am" (Alan Plater)
henis
Far-Sighted Wanderer

Post by henis »

Yes, Tote Bags would be handy.
jeff
Wild-Eyed Zealot

Post by jeff »

I'm still voting for the travel mug.
goodmangames
Cold-Hearted Immortal

Post by goodmangames »

Travel mugs it is. :)
Joseph Goodman
Goodman Games
www.goodman-games.com
Harley Stroh
Cold-Hearted Immortal

Post by Harley Stroh »

goodmangames wrote:Travel mugs it is. :)
Introducing our new product line:

Besides, it's common industry knowledge you can't build a business of off adventures.

//H

PeelSeel2
Hard-Bitten Adventurer

Post by PeelSeel2 »

That logo would look awesome on a black baseball cap!
jeff
Wild-Eyed Zealot

Post by jeff »

Harley Stroh wrote:
goodmangames wrote:Travel mugs it is. :)
Introducing our new product line:

Besides, it's common industry knowledge you can't build a business of off adventures.

//H
Don't tease me with that picture.
Raven_Crowking
Cold-Hearted Immortal
FLGS: The Sword & Board

Post by Raven_Crowking »

jeff wrote:Don't tease me with that picture.
Logo needs to be bigger.
SoBH pbp:

Cathbad the Meek (herbalist Wizard 1): AC 9; 4 hp; S 7, A 7, St 10, P 17, I 13, L 8; Neutral; Club, herbs, 50' rope, 50 cp; -1 to melee attack rolls. Hideous scar.
Colin

Post by Colin »

* Judge's Screen (landscape, thick cardstock like a RPG hardcover, just like White Wolf produced).
* Demons and Deities (patrons, deities, their associated spells, associated new critters, associated magical items and artefacts, and associated adventure seeds).
* Gazetteer of the Known World.
* Spell Grimoires (cleric and wizard versions).
* Massively expanded version of The Dungeon Alphabet (many more random tables, more weirdness, use of Zocchi dice, maybe some DCC-specific stuff).
* Perhaps an expanded DCC-specific version of the Random Esoteric Creature Generator combined with a Weird Bestiary of ready-to-run odd critters for the time-strapped Judge?
* Decent zocchi sets (including precision d30s!).

Colin
Mintaro
Far-Sighted Wanderer

Post by Mintaro »

I agree with Virtually every request above. I also think that, in this highly digital age, an Official DCC RPG app (or a good unofficial one). Designed to quickly create random 0 level characters, track them, and let you level them up to 10. Not being a programmer, I think it would be cool if you could have a screen where you tell it how many characters to randomly create. Maybe a few options for house rules, and then you click a "render" button, where upon it generates said number of characters, complete with wacky names.

Also since it was mentioned in this line of requests, I was wondering on the Company's opinion on Pod casts using your system. I have been planning on doing one, originally I was going to do it using the 0 level adventure your releasing. Then I realized you might take umbrage with someone exposing your only 0 level adventure for sale, not to mention potentially annoyed judges. So as it stands I am going to write my own 0 level adventure for my players (this will also allow me to better run it, and show the rules as I go). So, thoughts?
Harley Stroh
Cold-Hearted Immortal

Post by Harley Stroh »

Mintaro wrote:... quickly create random 0 level characters ...
You might be aware of this one already, from Purple Sorcerer Games:

http://jmarrdesign.com/dcc/

//H

Harley Stroh
Cold-Hearted Immortal

Post by Harley Stroh »

Mintaro wrote:Also since it was mentioned in this line of requests, I was wondering on the Company's opinion on Pod casts using your system. I have been planning on doing one, originally I was going to do it using the 0 level adventure your releasing. Then I realized you might take umbrage with someone exposing your only 0 level adventure for sale, not to mention potentially annoyed judges. So as it stands I am going to write my own 0 level adventure for my players (this will also allow me to better run it, and show the rules as I go). So, thoughts?
Mintaro,

We love people recording podcasts of their DCC games. No worries there. And as for spoilers .... players hoping the meta the adventure usually get their just desserts. :twisted:

//H

Vandendanderclanden
Far-Sighted Wanderer

Post by Vandendanderclanden »

Ipad app.

I love rolling dice.

I love flavor text and variability.

I can't stand page flipping.

I use my ipad for tracking initiative anyway.

So I'm writing an app that wrangles the tables a little.

I'm writing this app for my own game but maybe Mr. Goodman would be interested in licensing a DCC Judge's app. When I get this thing battletested I'll run it up the pole and see if Joseph would want something like this available.

Return to “DCC RPG General”