Goodman Games

Fan Forums
It is currently Sun Dec 16, 2018 1:35 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 426 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 14, 15, 16, 17, 18
PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2018 8:27 pm 
Ill-Fated Peasant

FLGS: Outflank Games
Colorado Springs, Colorado. It's 1983, I'm in 5th grade and hanging out at my friend Tim's house playing Jungle Hunt on Atari. Tim's older brother Eric comes in and makes us turn the TV down so he and his weird long haired buddy can play the same game that I saw Kip from Bosom Buddies play on TV. They dim the globe light with the rattan shade that hung over the octagonal table with formica woodgrain and fake brass legs, a cassette is slid into a silver Panasonic tape deck and the opening riff from Run to the Hills screams out. Eric pulls some of his dad's beers from the fridge and they crack them open like they're full on grown ups. The two scariest looking books I've ever seen are on the table and they keep flipping through them while they roll some crazy dice and write down numbers and words like "leather armor" and "short sword". I had to figure out how to get in on this.

Hi, I'm Terry and I've been a member of Steel Havok https://www.instagram.com/steelhavok for ten years. I cut my teeth on Mentzer's red box. I've played every edition and found something to like with all of them. The older I get, the more I want that "old school" feel when I game. I came across DCC RPG and it seems to be everything I'm looking for in a game.

I've listened to the first 8 episodes of Spellburn and I think I'll run some of Steel Havok through a funnel soon and see how they like it. With any luck, I'll get someone hooked, charm them into running DCC RPG, and bluff my way into a player seat.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 426 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 14, 15, 16, 17, 18