Goodman Games

Fan Forums
It is currently Tue Dec 12, 2017 9:52 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 408 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 13, 14, 15, 16, 17
PostPosted: Mon Aug 28, 2017 6:23 pm 
Ill-Fated Peasant

FLGS: Epic Loot
Hello my name is Tim.

I picked up the hard back copy of DCC RPG at Gen Con 50 in 2017. I wanted to get a DnD 1st Edition game going and I stopped by the Goodman Games booth to purchase a 1st edition adventure if they had any. One of the guys explained to me about the different products they offered. I didn't know they published an rpg.

I'm almost done reading the core rules and I'm very happy with it. I like that it is based on Gary Gygax's appendix N. I also believe the simple approach leaves room for role-playing and great story.

I'm running my first DCC RPG on Labor Day 2017. Wish me luck!

I also purchased the "GenCon 2017 Program Guide" which includes the adventure "Sisters of the Moon Furnace". It looks very cool!

Tim
Troy, Ohio

PostPosted: Thu Aug 31, 2017 11:26 am 
Ill-Fated Peasant

FLGS: Brainstorm Comics
Greetings, Programs!

My name is Noah Stevens. You may recognize me from such reality shows as THIS IS REALLY REALITY, and the Google Plus forums, where I am fairly active, thoroughly admired, and much beloved.

Also, I wrote a thing for DCC once, and I am still writing more things for it, and you can find my blog at:

http://noahms456.blogspot.com

I think that's right. It's the Hapless Henchman blog, and there's nothing like blog readers to make a guy or gal or sentient batch of 7th dimensional protoplasm write a blog post. I eased back on DCC a bit (heresy noted) but now that MCC is out, I am going to re-open my Space Dungeon campaign on Google Plus... I used to do roll20 but it's been some time.

Anyway, if you grok the G+, i love to make friends and give ideas away for nothing

Much love,

Noah

PostPosted: Tue Sep 26, 2017 12:55 am 
Far-Sighted Wanderer

Hi everyone,

I'm Karim and have already posted here when getting into DCC through the Free RPG Day quickstart rules and yet haven't had the chance to make the introduction thread.

Since then I had the privilege of running Portal Under the Stars thanks to all the many comments and help I received from the amazing community and will look forward to delving much deeper into the game and its resources.

Cheers !

Karim.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 14, 2017 2:10 pm 
Ill-Fated Peasant

FLGS: Chipz
Hi all :D

New to the forum. Excited to get chatting with everyone.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 25, 2017 12:48 pm 
Ill-Fated Peasant

FLGS: Fantasiapelit
Hello, I hight Markus/Zuppie/something....so you don't have to. I hail from the vastness of forest and icy encounter table locales called Finland by those less savvy.

I began running d20 stuff in 1987 with the red box D&D Basic Set, but didn't really enjoy it back then...too much of a mishmash of mythologies/RPG spirit :)
So I quickly opted for RuneQuest, Call of Cthulhu, Rolemaster, MERP, Ghostbusters, Nightlife, Harn, Spacemaster, Paranoia, GURPS, Dark Conspiracy, Warhammer, WoD, Ars Magica and I remember not what other systems...but lo and behold, in the year 2017 CE I decided to homebrew/hybridise a "high fantasy" RPG for my gaming group and decided to check out what was going on in the world of D&D.

I got the 5E books and planned on incorporating fumbles, crits, mutations etc. from RQ and Warhammer, but instead and in a timely fashion ran into the DCC RPG - which in effect had already done my planned homebrewing plus a plethora of other work for me! So, here I am...reading, authoring and incorporating DCC & other d20 stuff for a vaunted "perfect" game system for my own needs, but with the intention of publishing them to the benefit of others, as well. 8)

PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2017 6:49 am 
Hard-Bitten Adventurer

Greetings to all the ill fated Peasants shown here.... LOL (You gotta love the unique DCC forum titles!)

Now my game is on Hiatus hope to visit here more frequently!

PostPosted: Tue Nov 28, 2017 11:16 pm 
Gongfarmer

FLGS: Fortress Games
Greetings! My name is Patricio, and I've been involved with roleplaying games since a wargaming buddy introduced me to Dungeons & Dragons in 1980. That first session was an incredible experience, a bit like watching Star Wars in 1977 - there was just nothing like it. Since then, I've sampled the other games in the hobby, including Call of Cthulhu, MERP, and Traveller, but have never abandoned D&D. It was last year that I finally decided to give Dungeon Crawl Classics a try, and what can I say - I'm hooked, and eagerly awaiting the future releases.

My username Croaker, by the way, was taken from the Black Company series by Glenn Cook.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2017 3:44 pm 
Gongfarmer

FLGS: Galaxy Games and Comics
I just want to say how great I think Goodman Games is. When I first learned D&D as was taught to me from the RedBox and AD&D I had a collection of Sci-Fi and Fantasy books to fill 2 entire book-cases. From Azimov to Zelazny and then some. Book of the Month Club, anyone? Volumes of Anthologies, novellas and short stories. My entire being resonates with Appendix N based RPG. Thank You!!! P.S. Why The Fook does WotC *NOT* produce "modules"? Thank the Gods Goodman does! With a little help from our friends ... =)

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 408 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 13, 14, 15, 16, 17