For DCC game this weekend...need two things fast

If it doesn't fit into a category above, then inscribe it here, O Mighty One...

Moderators: DJ LaBoss, finarvyn, michaelcurtis, Harley Stroh

MrHemlocks
Chaos-Summoning Sorcerer

For DCC game this weekend...need two things fast

Post by MrHemlocks »

Darn it! I keep making things up for my campaign and not enough time before this Saturday to design them.

I need a way station. It needs to be a modest place in which to rest a traveler's feet, fill his belly and have a small guard post attached to it. I will be using it along a well traveled path via two discovered villages.

Also, I need a goblin camp...holds about 200 creatures within. Nothing fancy, for they are goblins, but needs some details.

Any suggestions or links would be more than helpful. :wink:
JediOre
Cold-Hearted Immortal

Re: For DCC game this weekend...need two things fast

Post by JediOre »

MrHemlocks,

I suggest looking at module DCC #28, Into the Wilds from Goodman Games 3.X modules.

This module could suit your needs on both counts. You have Wildgate, a frontier keep, and one of the smaller "mini-dungeons" is a goblin lair. Just expand the goblin lair to meet the size you need. You don't even have to have the adventure part of this module in mind to use this the module in your world. If you are not interested in the overall adventure for the current game, perhaps move the time table back so the political situation is not yet in place. The young ruler in the module, instead of being ill and a coup is in the works, have his father still alive and the events listed have not come to pass. Perhaps later, with a new party, or the existing one, they would become enmeshed in the adventure that Harley planned around this keep.

That's my quick response.

Good luck on whatever you decide!

[Edit: I think you could do the same thing with Gary Gygax's B2-The Keep on the Borderlands. Have the Caves of Chaos only house goblins. Since DCC #28 seems to be a homage to this classic module, the both have a similar feel.]
MrHemlocks
Chaos-Summoning Sorcerer

Re: For DCC game this weekend...need two things fast

Post by MrHemlocks »

Thanks for the information. I need to take a look at Into the Wilds now!

Return to “DCC RPG General”