Table 7-9: Luck Changes

If it doesn't fit into a category above, then inscribe it here, O Mighty One...

Moderators: DJ LaBoss, michaelcurtis, finarvyn, Harley Stroh

bogenblitz
Ill-Fated Peasant

Table 7-9: Luck Changes

Post by bogenblitz »

Hello, All. Yep, another question about Luck...

In table 7-9 on page 361 there is a column labeled "Modifier." To me, this means if you are awarding +1 to +3, this goes toward the modifier and not the Luck ability score. After all, it says "modifier." However, this just doesn't feel right to me. Is this table actually talking about changing the modifier itself, regardless of the ability score?

Thanks for you help!

- Scott
Rostranor
Hard-Bitten Adventurer

Re: Table 7-9: Luck Changes

Post by Rostranor »

Modifies the base score.
bogenblitz
Ill-Fated Peasant

Post by bogenblitz »

Thank you! I don't know why I've had such a hard time wrapping my head around Luck.
Judge Hook
Far-Sighted Wanderer

Post by Judge Hook »

I have a related question to this -- can the luck changes on table 7-9 raise a character's luck above its starting value, or only replace Luck points that have been burned down? This came up in our last gaming session, and there were differing opinions on it. Thanks!
Rick
Cold-Blooded Diabolist
FLGS: Gateway Games & More

Post by Rick »

Judge Hook wrote:I have a related question to this -- can the luck changes on table 7-9 raise a character's luck above its starting value, or only replace Luck points that have been burned down? This came up in our last gaming session, and there were differing opinions on it. Thanks!
Yes, definitely (raise above starting value).
Characters who consistently exemplify the virtues of their alignment may, over time, find themselves becoming luckier.
Judge Hook
Far-Sighted Wanderer

Post by Judge Hook »

Cool, that's what I was thinking, but wasn't positive. Thanks!
Skyscraper
Steely-Eyed Heathen-Slayer

Post by Skyscraper »

bogenblitz wrote:Thank you! I don't know why I've had such a hard time wrapping my head around Luck.
Maybe you lack some in real life ;)
Maledict Brothbreath, level 4 warrior, STR 16 (+2) AGI 7 (-1) STA 12 PER 9 INT 10 LUCK 15 (+1), AC: 16 Refl: +1 Fort: +2 Will: +1; lawful; Armor of the Lion and Lily's Blade.

Brother Sufferus, level 4 cleric, STR 13 (+1) AGI 15 (+1) STA 11 PER 13 (+1) INT 10 LUCK 9, AC: 11 (13 if wounded, 15 if down to half hit points), Refl: +3 Fort: +2 Will: +3, chaotic, Robe of the Faith, Scourge of the Maimed One, Darts of Pain.

Return to “DCC RPG General”