Dark maps in "Death in Luxor"

A forum dedicated to our new line of officially licensed Call of Cthulhu adventure modules.

Moderators: DJ LaBoss, finarvyn, Harley Stroh

JonHook
Deft-Handed Cutpurse
FLGS: Tabletop Games and 31st Century Games

Dark maps in "Death in Luxor"

Post by JonHook »

Just got my copy of "Death in Luxor" today. Wow, I was surprised at how dark the maps are. Will all of Goodman's Cthulhu maps be this dark?
GnomeBoy
Tyrant Master (Administrator)
FLGS: Bizarro World

Re: Dark maps in "Death in Luxor"

Post by GnomeBoy »

Well, a 'dark' mood can be essential in creating the right atmosphere for a Call of Cthulhu adventure or campaign... So, if you--

wait...

....that's not what you meant, is it?
Gnome Boy • DCC playtester @ DDC 35 Feb '11. • Beta DL 2111, 7AM PT, 8 June 11.
Playing RPGs since '77 • Quasi-occasional member of the Legion of 8th-Level Fighters.

Link: Here Be 100+ DCC Monsters

bygrinstow.com - The Home of Inner Ham
JonHook
Deft-Handed Cutpurse

Post by JonHook »

As I re-read my post, I hope I don't sound sour on the adventure. I've flipped through it, and it looks fantastic. I loved the quick breakdown at the beginning of the adventure. I've now begun reading the adventure, and I'm looking forward to running it eventually.

It's just that with such dark maps it may be a bit difficult for me to see what I need to do. I have terrible eyes, so the fancy sepia tones wrack havok on my sight.
goodmangames
Cold-Hearted Immortal

Post by goodmangames »

Yes, you're right, they're too dark. It's a function of the special sepia toned ink and the map design. We worked with the printer for the next one. We've had to adjust the contrast in the digital files to work with the sepia tones, but we should have it worked out for Madness in Londontown.
Joseph Goodman
Goodman Games
www.goodman-games.com
JonHook
Deft-Handed Cutpurse

Post by JonHook »

Question about the Death in Luxor pdf, will the lightened maps and player handouts be available as separate purchases, or will they only be available with the purchase of the full adventure?

Return to “Age of Cthulhu”