Hero’s Handbook: Eladrin delay?

Forum for Master Dungeons, Forgotten Heroes, Hero's Handbook, and all our other 4E products except for Dungeon Crawl Classics.

Moderators: DJ LaBoss, finarvyn, Harley Stroh

ignis fatuus
Ill-Fated Peasant

Hero’s Handbook: Eladrin delay?

Post by ignis fatuus »

I was just wondering what has been happening with Hero’s Handbook: Eladrin? I have been looking forward to this book for months now as I'm playing an eladrin myself, and really liked the Hero’s Handbook: Dragonborn which was perfect for my last character. But when I just visited the upcoming releases page I saw that it had been postponed for another month! The book is not getting cancelled is it?
Ken Hart
Deft-Handed Cutpurse

Re: Hero’s Handbook: Eladrin delay?

Post by Ken Hart »

Definitely not. It's coming soon, along with a couple of other HH books that I imagine will be announced by the Powers That Be in the coming days.

Update: Well, since I see that a couple of the RPG sites are already taking preorders (!), the cat's out of the bag: Fighter and Tiefling are the next HH books after Eladrin, although I don't know the actual release dates.
DCC, DragonMech, Etherscope editor
Writer: "Madness at the Mutilated Oak," DCC #48: The Adventure Continues;
DCC #52: Chronicle of the Fiend

"It really is the height of pessimism to have a hat lined with chain mail." --Mrs. Peel
ignis fatuus
Ill-Fated Peasant

Post by ignis fatuus »

Ken Hart wrote:Definitely not. It's coming soon, along with a couple of other HH books that I imagine will be announced by the Powers That Be in the coming days.

Update: Well, since I see that a couple of the RPG sites are already taking preorders (!), the cat's out of the bag: Fighter and Tiefling are the next HH books after Eladrin, although I don't know the actual release dates.
I'm glad to hear that!
Harley Stroh
Cold-Hearted Immortal

Post by Harley Stroh »

Good money says you'll be able to get these at Gen Con. :)

//H
The lucky guy who got to write some Dungeon Crawl Classics.

DCC Resource thread: character sheets, judge tools, and the world's fastest 0-level party creator.
ignis fatuus
Ill-Fated Peasant

Post by ignis fatuus »

Harley Stroh wrote:Good money says you'll be able to get these at Gen Con. :)

//H
That would be a dragon's hoard full of good money for me, though, as I live in The Netherlands! :lol:
GnomeBoy
Tyrant Master (Administrator)
FLGS: Bizarro World

Post by GnomeBoy »

ignis fatuus wrote:That would be a dragon's hoard full of good money for me, though, as I live in The Netherlands! :lol:
Am I the only one who thinks 'The Netherlands' sounds like it's around the corner from The Wilds, or something...?
Gnome Boy • DCC playtester @ DDC 35 Feb '11. • Beta DL 2111, 7AM PT, 8 June 11.
Playing RPGs since '77 • Quasi-occasional member of the Legion of 8th-Level Fighters.

Link: Here Be 100+ DCC Monsters

bygrinstow.com - The Home of Inner Ham
ignis fatuus
Ill-Fated Peasant

Post by ignis fatuus »

GnomeBoy wrote:Am I the only one who thinks 'The Netherlands' sounds like it's around the corner from The Wilds, or something...?
I like the fact that it sounds much more underworld-like than Holland does... :twisted:
GnomeBoy
Tyrant Master (Administrator)
FLGS: Bizarro World

Post by GnomeBoy »

ignis fatuus wrote:
GnomeBoy wrote:Am I the only one who thinks 'The Netherlands' sounds like it's around the corner from The Wilds, or something...?
I like the fact that it sounds much more underworld-like than Holland does... :twisted:
Exactly!

It's like you have to do a little planar travel to get there! :mrgreen:
Gnome Boy • DCC playtester @ DDC 35 Feb '11. • Beta DL 2111, 7AM PT, 8 June 11.
Playing RPGs since '77 • Quasi-occasional member of the Legion of 8th-Level Fighters.

Link: Here Be 100+ DCC Monsters

bygrinstow.com - The Home of Inner Ham
ignis fatuus
Ill-Fated Peasant

Post by ignis fatuus »

GnomeBoy wrote:It's like you have to do a little planar travel to get there! :mrgreen:
Luckily we have easy access to the ritual components needed for such a spacey-trip! :shock:
Ken Hart
Deft-Handed Cutpurse

Post by Ken Hart »

You'll be pleased to know that Hero's Handbook: Eladrin and HH: Tieflings were available at Gen Con, and both were selling quite well from what I could see. I had already seen the Tieflings copy, but the Eladrin book was new to me, and to be honest, eladrin as a race never really intrigued me.

But I started reading HH: Eladrin on the flight home, and boy, were my eyes opened about the possibilities. Very cool stuff, from both fluff and crunch angles. It won't be generally available for a little bit longer, but the wait is well worth it.
DCC, DragonMech, Etherscope editor
Writer: "Madness at the Mutilated Oak," DCC #48: The Adventure Continues;
DCC #52: Chronicle of the Fiend

"It really is the height of pessimism to have a hat lined with chain mail." --Mrs. Peel
ignis fatuus
Ill-Fated Peasant

Post by ignis fatuus »

Ken Hart wrote:But I started reading HH: Eladrin on the flight home, and boy, were my eyes opened about the possibilities. Very cool stuff, from both fluff and crunch angles. It won't be generally available for a little bit longer, but the wait is well worth it.
Do you know if the PDF will come out at the same time as the book? Because being in The Netherlands I'm not going to get my hands on a deadtree version anyway...

Could you maybe give a bit of a teaser about what kindled your interest, both fluff and crunch wise?
And is there any cool stuff for charge happy spear wielding eladrin?
NinjaDancer
Ill-Fated Peasant

Post by NinjaDancer »

As one of the lucky authors of Hero's Handbook: Eladrin, I hope you'll find it worth the wait.

A couple of teasers from me: There's a number of feats that let you do nifty things with your fey step. Also a paragon path meant especially for athletic fighters who want to be very mobile on the battlefield, which might suit your charge happy character. As far as background and character-building stuff, there's a good bit of detail about the four seasonal courts of the eladrin--Spring, Summer, Autumn, and Winter. Eladrin of each court tend toward different personalities and roles in their society, and each court holds a feast on the solstice or equinox of their appropriate season. There are also courtless eladrin who were born, not in any proper season, but under the ill-omened Moon of Void . . .

Cheers!
Jessica Van Oort
Author of "The Snare of the Shadow Sylphs" in DCC #48 The Adventure Continues
Co-author of Hero's Handbook: Eladrin
ignis fatuus
Ill-Fated Peasant

Post by ignis fatuus »

NinjaDancer wrote:As one of the lucky authors of Hero's Handbook: Eladrin, I hope you'll find it worth the wait.

A couple of teasers from me: There's a number of feats that let you do nifty things with your fey step. Also a paragon path meant especially for athletic fighters who want to be very mobile on the battlefield, which might suit your charge happy character. As far as background and character-building stuff, there's a good bit of detail about the four seasonal courts of the eladrin--Spring, Summer, Autumn, and Winter. Eladrin of each court tend toward different personalities and roles in their society, and each court holds a feast on the solstice or equinox of their appropriate season. There are also courtless eladrin who were born, not in any proper season, but under the ill-omened Moon of Void . . .

Cheers!
Cool! An answer from one of the authors! I like things that trigger on fey stepping, so now I'm even more curious about the book! As my eladrin is very much into the autumn I was also wondering whether any of the seasonal stuff comes back in the crunch of the book? Because that was what I really liked about the Dragonborn book: those clan feats that combined flavour with crunch...
Jeff LaSala
Cold-Blooded Diabolist

Post by Jeff LaSala »

As one of the lucky authors of Hero's Handbook: Eladrin, I hope you'll find it worth the wait.
For reasons both professional and personal, I sure am looking forward to getting a copy of this, Jess. ;) Your writing, and that of your fellow author, really need to be in print as much as possible. Just sayin'.
Goodman Games: DCCs: #29, #31, #35, #48, #49, #51; Hero's Handbooks: Dragonborn, Tieflings; Level Up
Wizards of the Coast: The Darkwood Mask
Blindsided Books: Savant
Ashlock.org; NY Speculative Fiction Examiner
NinjaDancer
Ill-Fated Peasant

Post by NinjaDancer »

Thanks, Jeff! I picked up a copy of both Dragonborn and Tieflings at Gencon, and I've been reading them with interest.

And Ignis, I think you'll find that all the Hero's Handbooks work hard to tie the flavor and the crunch together. I can't claim responsibility for the numbers in Eladrin, but my fellow writer Tavis did a brilliant job.
Jessica Van Oort
Author of "The Snare of the Shadow Sylphs" in DCC #48 The Adventure Continues
Co-author of Hero's Handbook: Eladrin
ignis fatuus
Ill-Fated Peasant

Post by ignis fatuus »

NinjaDancer wrote:And Ignis, I think you'll find that all the Hero's Handbooks work hard to tie the flavor and the crunch together.
Just wanted to say that the book was a really nice read! I especially liked the seasonal stuff, which also came back nicely on the crunchy side of things.

There was, however, one feat mentioned in the table for which there was no description, namely Feyjaunt Swashbuckler. Maybe you could put it up here somewhere?

Return to “4E Products”