M1: Dragora's Dungeon Errata

Forum for Master Dungeons, Forgotten Heroes, Hero's Handbook, and all our other 4E products except for Dungeon Crawl Classics.

Moderators: DJ LaBoss, finarvyn, Harley Stroh

weezoh
Far-Sighted Wanderer

M1: Dragora's Dungeon Errata

Post by weezoh »

Is there any compiled errata for Dragora's Dungeon? The couple of errors i've seen so far have to do with treasure but just wondering if there's already something to reference. I imagine the errors i've seen are due to changing rules prior to the release of 4e here's what i'm planning to do:

1. 3 +1 shuriken - going to change this to 1 +1 shuriken since you only need 1 and I don't want to arm half the party with these
2. +2 Flameburst longspear - Longspears (or any spears in 4e) can't be thrown so they can't be Flameburst - going to change this to a javelin instead although maybe a Frost Longspear feels better
3. +2 resounding longsword - longswords can't be resounding = maybe +2 vicious instead but that seems kind of powerful

Anyone else deal with these in a different way?
DCCfan
Steely-Eyed Heathen-Slayer
FLGS: The Comics Club

Re: M1: Dragora's Dungeon Errata

Post by DCCfan »

I've only played a couple of 4E sessions but I never realized that you couldn't throw a spear. Is there some reason for this?
"When creating your character,choose an ethical system that can justify nearly any fit of temper, greed, cowardice, or vindictiveness, for example, Chaotic Violent..."

THE PROTOCOLS, ADVANCED PROTOCOL #10
weezoh
Far-Sighted Wanderer

Post by weezoh »

DCCfan wrote:I've only played a couple of 4E sessions but I never realized that you couldn't throw a spear. Is there some reason for this?
I don't know - I'm relatively sure it has to do with them wanting to simplify the list so now you have three "spear group" weapons
Javelin - one handed melee and heavy thrown;
Spear - one or two handed melee; and
Longspear two-handed reach polearm.

If you look at the artist's rendering of javelin and spear they even look of a similar size although the javelin is less 'sturdy' looking.
DCCfan

Post by DCCfan »

I think I'm going to suggest a house rule to my DM to allow the spear to be thrown. It just doesn't seem right not to be able to throw a spear.
"When creating your character,choose an ethical system that can justify nearly any fit of temper, greed, cowardice, or vindictiveness, for example, Chaotic Violent..."

Count Zero
Far-Sighted Wanderer

Post by Count Zero »

DCCfan wrote:I think I'm going to suggest a house rule to my DM to allow the spear to be thrown. It just doesn't seem right not to be able to throw a spear.
Pretty much what I do. If a player wants to throw away his only weapon, I'm ok with that. :D
The main difference, I imagine, is design. Javelins are smaller, lighter, and designed to be thrown. Spears allow reach but in actuality aren't the best thrown weapon compared to a javelin. Maybe you could split the difference and give a -1 ranged penalty when throwing a spear?
I'm the quiet neighbor with the big freezer.
DCCfan

Post by DCCfan »

Surprisingly my DM said no to my suggestion of the spear house rule. In fact he said no to all house rules and ban them. I guess we are going to play by the book for 4E. I'm surprised because in the past he has always been open to suggestions. I guess I'll have to ditch my clunky spear and bye some aerodynamically superior javelins to throw. :roll:

Ogrepuppy
Tight-Lipped Warlock

Post by Ogrepuppy »

DCCfan wrote:Surprisingly my DM said no to my suggestion of the spear house rule. In fact he said no to all house rules and ban them. I guess we are going to play by the book for 4E. I'm surprised because in the past he has always been open to suggestions. I guess I'll have to ditch my clunky spear and bye some aerodynamically superior javelins to throw. :roll:
Them's the breaks, kid.

DM is god, what can we say? If it makes you feel any better, I wouldn't house rule too much in 4th edition either if I were DM.
Count Zero
Far-Sighted Wanderer

Post by Count Zero »

Ogrepuppy wrote:
DCCfan wrote:Surprisingly my DM said no to my suggestion of the spear house rule. In fact he said no to all house rules and ban them. I guess we are going to play by the book for 4E. I'm surprised because in the past he has always been open to suggestions. I guess I'll have to ditch my clunky spear and bye some aerodynamically superior javelins to throw. :roll:
Them's the breaks, kid.

DM is god, what can we say? If it makes you feel any better, I wouldn't house rule too much in 4th edition either if I were DM.
This is true. The game is balanced as is as far as i can tell now. I can see some GMs not wanting the "break" it.
I'm the quiet neighbor with the big freezer.

Return to “4E Products”