Design and Layout Improvements

What games do you want to see? What can we do better?

Moderators: DJ LaBoss, finarvyn, Harley Stroh

Ramone
Far-Sighted Wanderer

Design and Layout Improvements

Post by Ramone »

Hi guys, first off, just wanted to say that I LOVE the DCC line of adventure modules! In fact, I was so psyched that Goodman Games is doing a new line for D&D 4E that I drove nearly an hour out of my way to pick up the Free RPG giveaway (the Punjar mini gazetter). Great stuff!

I think this is far and away a huge leap forward not just for GG's compatibility in gameplay, but also in design. I really like that things are starting to become more polished in layout. That REALLY helps with readability.

Some modules in the past have been tough to read--and the website suffers some similar symptoms. The one that jumps to mind is the adventure path guide from the Saga of the Dragon Cult box set: http://www.goodman-games.com/5200preview.html.

In "Saga" there were several sections where background images were so over powering that I couldn't make out the text. In fact, I ended up not using the book at all and just relied on the modules (which is kinda' sad because that was half the reason I bought them as a set).

I'm glad that the newer DCC series is shaping up to be much cleaner and free of background images. The website is still a bit busy with backgrounds, but in general things are looking good.

Please keep up this trend and keep up the great work!

If anyone has any other comments to add about the layout and design of modules (look of the books) please feel free to comment in this thread.

Thanks!

Return to “Suggestion Box”