How about a DCC hex crawl

What games do you want to see? What can we do better?

Moderators: DJ LaBoss, finarvyn, Harley Stroh

madprofessor
Ill-Fated Peasant

How about a DCC hex crawl

Post by madprofessor »

(I) burned out on 3e and all its variants and have been hanging out in the OSR. To make a long story short, DCC has become the game of choice. Embracing the good qualities of 3e (and throwing out the garbage) in a mechanically simple old school format, with some new ideas, was brilliant. In my well-informed and not so humble opinion DCC is not only the best version of the game going, it's a vision of what the future of D&D should look like.

The DCC modules that have been released so far are incredible. We're having a blast! However, I want more. I think the game has tremendous potential, and though I freely create my own material; classes, rules, settings, spells, monsters and whatever, my job would be a lot easier if Goodman games did some of this work for me :D. A spell expansion and bestiary would be great, but above all I would love to see a slice of Appendix N(ish) DCC setting. Not an adventure per se, and certainly not a world, just a starting point for adventure along the lines of Points of Light that encapsulates some of the core themes of DCC. Now that would be cool. Of course, I'd also like expansions for psionics, alien technology, dinosaurs, sword and planet adventures, a book of patrons, etc. so you can take my suggestions with a grain of salt, but I for one would like to see the game grow.
GnomeBoy
Tyrant Master (Administrator)
FLGS: Bizarro World

Re: How about a DCC hex crawl

Post by GnomeBoy »

Well, you should keep an eye on third-party publications... There already is a book of Patrons for DCC, for instance.

Plus, rumor is... there's already some stuff out there on the web that you're asking for...

The game is certainly growing.
Gnome Boy • DCC playtester @ DDC 35 Feb '11. • Beta DL 2111, 7AM PT, 8 June 11.
Playing RPGs since '77 • Quasi-occasional member of the Legion of 8th-Level Fighters.

Link: Here Be 100+ DCC Monsters

bygrinstow.com - The Home of Inner Ham

Return to “Suggestion Box”