Smaller Maps for DCC35

What games do you want to see? What can we do better?

Moderators: DJ LaBoss, finarvyn, Harley Stroh

SavageRobby
Wild-Eyed Zealot

Smaller Maps for DCC35

Post by SavageRobby »

I purchased DCC35 earlier this week as a possible candidate as the game world for a C&C or Savage Worlds campaign, and so far I'm loving it. My only complaint is the lack of smaller reference maps. While I love the big maps (I really do like the style and the departure from the norm for large scale maps), its really difficult to read the Gazetteer and reference where things are in the world using only the big maps.

So, I'd love to see a few smaller world maps, even if it takes a few pages to do them.
Harley Stroh
Cold-Hearted Immortal

Post by Harley Stroh »

Savage,

Thanks for picking up #35. We had a lot of fun putting that together.

Re: Map scale. This is probably the most frequent request/critique of the Gaz. There are detail maps coming out soon.

You'll see one in the Saga collection:

http://goodman-games.com/5200preview.php

The Saga box set should be in stores this summer, but the PDF is available now.

There will also be a detail map in the Whiterock box set (available at GenCon, and in stores in October).

//H
The lucky guy who got to write some Dungeon Crawl Classics.

DCC Resource thread: character sheets, judge tools, and the world's fastest 0-level party creator.
SavageRobby
Wild-Eyed Zealot

Post by SavageRobby »

Harley,

Excellent, many thanks for the response. Are the maps in the Saga of the Dragon Cult (PDF or boxed) maps of the entire world, or just a portion? Are they the same one/ones that are coming in Whiterock, or are they different?

It looks like the boxed set contains the modules (which I already have - all four), but the PDF just contains the 32 page booklet. Is that accurate?

Thanks again.
Harley Stroh
Cold-Hearted Immortal

Post by Harley Stroh »

SavageRobby wrote: Are the maps in the Saga of the Dragon Cult (PDF or boxed) maps of the entire world, or just a portion? Are they the same one/ones that are coming in Whiterock, or are they different?
The Saga close-up maps detail north Crieste, the Great Swamp and east to Thire.

The Whiterock close-up maps detail the country of Morrain and a bit to the south of Morrain. The Whiterock box set will also include an extensive town setting and town map.
SavageRobby wrote:It looks like the boxed set contains the modules (which I already have - all four), but the PDF just contains the 32 page booklet. Is that accurate?
You have it right. The PDF offered right now is just the book linking the adventures and additional Gaz info detailing the areas of the map.

//H

DCC Resource thread: character sheets, judge tools, and the world's fastest 0-level party creator.
Mike_Ferguson
Deft-Handed Cutpurse

Post by Mike_Ferguson »

SavageRobby wrote:Harley,

Excellent, many thanks for the response. Are the maps in the Saga of the Dragon Cult (PDF or boxed) maps of the entire world, or just a portion? Are they the same one/ones that are coming in Whiterock, or are they different?

It looks like the boxed set contains the modules (which I already have - all four), but the PDF just contains the 32 page booklet. Is that accurate?

Thanks again.
The maps in Saga of the Dragon Cult are not of the entire DCC world - the maps only cover parts of the Northlands (specifically, Northern Crieste, Western Thire, and the Borderlands). However, it's much more detailed information that what's covered in DCC #35 - there's more towns shown in that geographic region, the regional maps are much more detailed, and you get much more of the history (a.k.a. adventure hooks) of that part of the DCC World. Think of this information as a region-specific gazetteer. :)

Whiterock (I believe) will contain similar-styled regional gazetteer-type information, but for the Kingdom of Morrain. I don't think there would be any overlap between what's in "Saga" and what's going to be in "Whiterock" - however, I haven't actually seen the Whiterock gazetteer information, so that's admittedly conjecture on my part.

The PDF of "Saga" just contains a 32 page booklet that consists of some of the aforementioned regional gazetteer material, and encounter and adventure material that connects the four modules of "Saga" with an ongoing campaign storyline. The actual modules themselves are not contained in the PDF.
SavageRobby
Wild-Eyed Zealot

Post by SavageRobby »

Thanks again, great (and timely!) replies. I think I'll go pickup the Saga PDF.

I do still have my initial question that I'm not quite sure if Harley answered in his first response or not. Are there any plans for releasing smaller scale versions of the 3 big GM maps that were in DCC35? (Even just political versions that simply have outlines and names of the countries/regions?) I can't tell you how invaluable that would be. :)

Thanks again, gents.
Harley Stroh
Cold-Hearted Immortal

Post by Harley Stroh »

Josep, Doyle and I batted around ideas for an atlas --- this would give us the chance to do hex maps, political maps, detail maps, etc. It might happen sometime in the future, but not before August at the soonest.

//H

SavageRobby
Wild-Eyed Zealot

Post by SavageRobby »

Good to know. And thank you again for your responses.

Return to “Suggestion Box”