D20 Future

What games do you want to see? What can we do better?

Moderators: DJ LaBoss, finarvyn, Harley Stroh

slimykuotoan
Hard-Bitten Adventurer

D20 Future

Post by slimykuotoan »

Any chance for some Sci-fi stuff from Goodman?
tadk
Deft-Handed Cutpurse

what cah looking for

Post by tadk »

what sort of stuff are you looking for?

Just curious
slimykuotoan
Hard-Bitten Adventurer

re:

Post by slimykuotoan »

I'd love to see some adventures for D20 Future in the same vein as the DCCs.

That's the biggest complaint I've heard about Future: no adventures.

Why better people than the folks at Goodman to remedy this?
Mike_Ferguson
Deft-Handed Cutpurse

Re: re:

Post by Mike_Ferguson »

slimykuotoan wrote:I'd love to see some adventures for D20 Future in the same vein as the DCCs.

That's the biggest complaint I've heard about Future: no adventures.

Why better people than the folks at Goodman to remedy this?
Specifically, what type of sci-fi adventures would you want?

Buck Rogers-styled pulp sci-fi?
Post-apocalyptic future?
Cyberpunk flavor?
Something else?

(Yes, I know. "All of them". But if you could only pick one ...) :)
yell0w_lantern
Far-Sighted Wanderer

Post by yell0w_lantern »

Vote for Flash Gordon. :D
slimykuotoan
Hard-Bitten Adventurer

re:

Post by slimykuotoan »

No question about it:

My friends, people I've spoken to online, my current gaming groups, and yours truly, all desparately need 'space opera'.

I've a gizillian old Star Frontiers fans ready to gobble up any space opera adventure that's ready to go.
Jengenritz
Steely-Eyed Heathen-Slayer

Post by Jengenritz »

^ sounds fun
Co-Author: The Almanac of the Endless Traders, DCC #13, DCC #29, DCC #49, DCC #51, DCC #52, DCC #63

Author: DCC #55: Isle of the Sea Drake, DCC #61: Citadel of the Corruptor, more to come....
Mike_Ferguson
Deft-Handed Cutpurse

Post by Mike_Ferguson »

slimykuotoan wrote:No question about it:

My friends, people I've spoken to online, my current gaming groups, and yours truly, all desparately need 'space opera'.

I've a gizillian old Star Frontiers fans ready to gobble up any space opera adventure that's ready to go.
Definitely feel your love for Star Frontiers - that game was hands-down one of my top favorites of all time. I'd love to write something in that vein at some point.

Should I ever win the lottery, I've already decided I'll pay Wizards of the Coast whatever they want for the rights to publish Star Frontiers. :D
lord_perpetuus
Gongfarmer

Re

Post by lord_perpetuus »

I am an old time gamer who loves the DCCs, but I know that my group and I would really enjoy a Goodman's Product featuring D20 Future.
slimykuotoan
Hard-Bitten Adventurer

re:

Post by slimykuotoan »

Heck, even a D20 Gamma World adventure would be good.

Goodman Games is not popular because it has '1st edition feel' d&d adventures -although that did intially peak my interest- but because it has an incredible pool of writers...

...who I'm sure could start dishing out all sorts of goodies, to satisfy all types of gamers.
mythfish
Chaos-Summoning Sorcerer

Post by mythfish »

Yeah, Star Frontiers! Dralasites rule!
Dieter Zimmerman
[[Faceless Minion of the Dark Master]]
Argamae
Hard-Bitten Adventurer

Post by Argamae »

Definitely feel your love for Star Frontiers - that game was hands-down one of my top favorites of all time. I'd love to write something in that vein at some point.
Should I ever win the lottery, I've already decided I'll pay Wizards of the Coast whatever they want for the rights to publish Star Frontiers. :D
Yeah! Hoooray! STAR FRONTIERS would be awesome - I wouldn't think that the rights are that expensive... And you could do a Goodman Style Sci-Fi-Universe building upon the old Star Frontiers stuff.
Although they were a bit goofy here and there, I really like the Volturnus-Cycle of modules... :) [/quote]
The lucky guy who gets to translate DCCs into German!
Done so far:
DCC#1, DCC #11, DCC #28, DCC #17, DCC #17.5 :)
Ken Hart
Deft-Handed Cutpurse

Post by Ken Hart »

I agree something like that would be great -- I was a HUGE Captain Harlock fan 20 years ago -- but the DCCs (like most of the d20-based RPG products) out there have to follow the SRD/Open Game Licence in order to use WotC's rules. And at this point, the d20 Future content isn't publicly available. That's not to say that it couldn't be done in some fashion, but the publisher wouldn't be able to use the d20 Future-specific classes, feats, skills, etc., without special permission from WotC.
DCC, DragonMech, Etherscope editor
Writer: "Madness at the Mutilated Oak," DCC #48: The Adventure Continues;
DCC #52: Chronicle of the Fiend

"It really is the height of pessimism to have a hat lined with chain mail." --Mrs. Peel
slimykuotoan
Hard-Bitten Adventurer

re:

Post by slimykuotoan »

Any chance of creating a Goodman's rule set for sci-fi?

You guys have already proven your ability with Brocosaurus Rex, etc.
mythfish
Chaos-Summoning Sorcerer

Post by mythfish »

Ken Hart wrote:I agree something like that would be great -- I was a HUGE Captain Harlock fan 20 years ago -- but the DCCs (like most of the d20-based RPG products) out there have to follow the SRD/Open Game Licence in order to use WotC's rules. And at this point, the d20 Future content isn't publicly available. That's not to say that it couldn't be done in some fashion, but the publisher wouldn't be able to use the d20 Future-specific classes, feats, skills, etc., without special permission from WotC.
I downloaded a d20 Future SRD from WotC's website, and it has most of the stuff contained in the d20 Future book. Off the top of my head, the only things in the book I remember not seeing in the SRD are the specific starship designs, the prestige classes in the "sci-fi genres" chapter, and the specific alien races WotC designed (including the Star Frontiers races).

So you couldn't publish d20 Star Frontiers, but you could certainly create and publish a Star Frontiers-inspired d20 Future setting using the basic d20 Future rules. Unless I misunderstand the Open Game License, which is entirely possible.
Dieter Zimmerman
[[Faceless Minion of the Dark Master]]
Ken Hart
Deft-Handed Cutpurse

Post by Ken Hart »

Really? Well, color me red -- I was unaware of the d20 Future SRD. I'll have to take a look at that.

--Ken
DCC, DragonMech, Etherscope editor
Writer: "Madness at the Mutilated Oak," DCC #48: The Adventure Continues;
DCC #52: Chronicle of the Fiend

"It really is the height of pessimism to have a hat lined with chain mail." --Mrs. Peel
Mike_Ferguson
Deft-Handed Cutpurse

Post by Mike_Ferguson »

mythfish wrote: So you couldn't publish d20 Star Frontiers, but you could certainly create and publish a Star Frontiers-inspired d20 Future setting using the basic d20 Future rules. Unless I misunderstand the Open Game License, which is entirely possible.
That's actually one of my back-burner projects ... which I'm trying to put on the front burner. :twisted:
Derek_Holland
Far-Sighted Wanderer

Post by Derek_Holland »

Mike_Ferguson wrote: Should I ever win the lottery, I've already decided I'll pay Wizards of the Coast whatever they want for the rights to publish Star Frontiers.
I doubt it would be for much since they gave it away:

http://starfrontiers.com/

A legal site, mind you.

Personally, I would love Gamma World style adventures.
Lifetime member of the Xerces Society

http://www.xerces.org/home.htm

http://Alternityrpg.net

Return to “Suggestion Box”