Session 31 Chapter Two

A forum to discuss the Eldritch Role-Playing System.

Moderators: finarvyn, dancross

StormPatriarch
Hard-Bitten Adventurer

Session 31 Chapter Two

Post by StormPatriarch »

Session 31- All players present.

As requested, the PC names will appear before the log entry.

Knight- Hyfaidd
Mystic- Quinlan
Rager- Phalaanx
Scrub- Searlean (NPC)

Mystic decided to cut off the harpy’s feet. Knight and the remaining acolytes started to burn the bodies (with last rites) of the farm folk. Scrub received permission to recovery what arrows she could. Rager decided to check out the processing building.

Rager found the front mail doors and the small access front door were damaged but intact and barred from the inside. He knocked but no one responded. He then went around it to find the small back door was smashed in. He entered and opened the larger back doors. Inside he found some remains of farmers and more signs of fighting. Working his way through the building from back to front, he eventually found a torn off ear in one dead farmer’s hand & in another part, found a very crude short sword that reminded him of goblin make. When he reached the front, he unbarred and opened the front large doors. He found that one of the side rooms was still sealed. He knocked again and managed to convince 3 survivors (two women and a teenage boy) to open up. From their confusing babble of thankfulness & fear, he discerned that the processing building had been attacked by large grayish/green creatures. The survivors had locked themselves in the high-end product shed.

Rager brought them out to the farmhouse and then discussed with Knight & Mystic his findings. They decided to check out the storage warehouse next. They found that the back door was smashed open as well. After opening the main rear doors, Knight spotted a farmer whose throat had been severed only a minute or so before hand. He quickly informed the others, and then told the remaining acolytes to watch both ends of the warehouse. The party headed into the building. They split up towards the end to cover both upward leading stairwells. Knight went alone up the front steps (were he had to smash through the locked door) while Mystic & Rager went up the other set (this one was already broken open with a few bodies of farmers. Mystic watched the far door.

Rager continued on to the next room. He found the door to be closed. He knocked and was answered by a voice from the other side. The voice thanked him for saving him and explained that the door was wedged shut. He told them to back away and smashed the door open with his ax. Inside he found several piles of junk and a figure in a cloak huddled near the far door. After speaking to him for a bit, the figure approached. Rager became very suspicious and attacked. The Hobgoblin that was about to stab him was completely surprised and battle commenced. The piles dropped away to reveal clusters of hobgoblins (who immediate went on the attack).

The PCs quickly put the attackers down with only minor injuries. The last Hobgoblin seemed to freeze in place and offered no threat. Rager threw a piece of wood at it (which bounced off his head for no discernable effect). Mystic reversed his sword for subdue damage but the creature did not respond. Rager detected magic and pulled supernatural/ demonic energies off of the creature. It then appeared that all the life force was sucked out of it. Rager attempted to follow the back trail of magic. The trail led him down stairs and out the back doors towards the woods. Here he also found the remains of the Knight’s acolyte that was set to watch the back of the warehouse. The group decided that they didn’t have the pools to gout after whatever it was now. Rager went off to find Scrub while Mystic and Knight checked on the others. They found that Rager’s other acolyte and two of the survivors and been killed in the farmhouse. The little boy and his much older sister (The last survivor from the processing building) were in the root cellar. Knight stood guard while Mystic attempted to use his mental powers to communicate with the grandmaster of his order back in the city.

Rager searched a different copse of woods for Scrub. She contacted him and let him know that she had seen more harpies circling the copse. He ordered her to return to the farmhouse. He returned and then she followed. They decided to all head into the root cellar and sleep for the night to get some rest.

Game ended here. It was a short session due to miscommunication. No game next week due to availability issues.
"I am the soul of honor, kindness, mercy, and goodness. Trust me in all things." Corwin to Dara, The Guns of Avalon

"...I was the lesser evil." --Bleys to Corwin, Nine Princes in Amber
dancross
Cold-Blooded Diabolist

Re: Session 31 Chapter Two

Post by dancross »

You've been running Eldritch for quite some time now, SotrmPatriarch. So, how do you feel about GMing for this system compared to others? Would you say it's your preferred? I know you play a lot of systems.
StormPatriarch wrote:Session 31- All players present.

As requested, the PC names will appear before the log entry.

Knight- Hyfaidd
Mystic- Quinlan
Rager- Phalaanx
Scrub- Searlean (NPC)

Mystic decided to cut off the harpy’s feet. Knight and the remaining acolytes started to burn the bodies (with last rites) of the farm folk. Scrub received permission to recovery what arrows she could. Rager decided to check out the processing building.

Rager found the front mail doors and the small access front door were damaged but intact and barred from the inside. He knocked but no one responded. He then went around it to find the small back door was smashed in. He entered and opened the larger back doors. Inside he found some remains of farmers and more signs of fighting. Working his way through the building from back to front, he eventually found a torn off ear in one dead farmer’s hand & in another part, found a very crude short sword that reminded him of goblin make. When he reached the front, he unbarred and opened the front large doors. He found that one of the side rooms was still sealed. He knocked again and managed to convince 3 survivors (two women and a teenage boy) to open up. From their confusing babble of thankfulness & fear, he discerned that the processing building had been attacked by large grayish/green creatures. The survivors had locked themselves in the high-end product shed.

Rager brought them out to the farmhouse and then discussed with Knight & Mystic his findings. They decided to check out the storage warehouse next. They found that the back door was smashed open as well. After opening the main rear doors, Knight spotted a farmer whose throat had been severed only a minute or so before hand. He quickly informed the others, and then told the remaining acolytes to watch both ends of the warehouse. The party headed into the building. They split up towards the end to cover both upward leading stairwells. Knight went alone up the front steps (were he had to smash through the locked door) while Mystic & Rager went up the other set (this one was already broken open with a few bodies of farmers. Mystic watched the far door.

Rager continued on to the next room. He found the door to be closed. He knocked and was answered by a voice from the other side. The voice thanked him for saving him and explained that the door was wedged shut. He told them to back away and smashed the door open with his ax. Inside he found several piles of junk and a figure in a cloak huddled near the far door. After speaking to him for a bit, the figure approached. Rager became very suspicious and attacked. The Hobgoblin that was about to stab him was completely surprised and battle commenced. The piles dropped away to reveal clusters of hobgoblins (who immediate went on the attack).

The PCs quickly put the attackers down with only minor injuries. The last Hobgoblin seemed to freeze in place and offered no threat. Rager threw a piece of wood at it (which bounced off his head for no discernable effect). Mystic reversed his sword for subdue damage but the creature did not respond. Rager detected magic and pulled supernatural/ demonic energies off of the creature. It then appeared that all the life force was sucked out of it. Rager attempted to follow the back trail of magic. The trail led him down stairs and out the back doors towards the woods. Here he also found the remains of the Knight’s acolyte that was set to watch the back of the warehouse. The group decided that they didn’t have the pools to gout after whatever it was now. Rager went off to find Scrub while Mystic and Knight checked on the others. They found that Rager’s other acolyte and two of the survivors and been killed in the farmhouse. The little boy and his much older sister (The last survivor from the processing building) were in the root cellar. Knight stood guard while Mystic attempted to use his mental powers to communicate with the grandmaster of his order back in the city.

Rager searched a different copse of woods for Scrub. She contacted him and let him know that she had seen more harpies circling the copse. He ordered her to return to the farmhouse. He returned and then she followed. They decided to all head into the root cellar and sleep for the night to get some rest.

Game ended here. It was a short session due to miscommunication. No game next week due to availability issues.
StormPatriarch
Hard-Bitten Adventurer

Re: Session 31 Chapter Two

Post by StormPatriarch »

dancross wrote:You've been running Eldritch for quite some time now, StormPatriarch. So, how do you feel about GMing for this system compared to others? Would you say it's your preferred? I know you play a lot of systems.
For easy of use, I would mark it as def one of the top ones I have played. I have also found that when most questions come up, we are able to find a quick resolution the majority of the time.

I def prefer it for the high fantasy arena. The game my group played before this was the latest version of a big name fantasy game system(I am sure most can guess which one) in which I was just a player. I found that I was longing to return to this much more flexible system pretty quickly.

The system fits my need to be flexible in GM'ing. I tend towards writing out major plot points and then winging the rest which this system supports quite admirably.
"I am the soul of honor, kindness, mercy, and goodness. Trust me in all things." Corwin to Dara, The Guns of Avalon

"...I was the lesser evil." --Bleys to Corwin, Nine Princes in Amber

Return to “Eldritch Role-Playing System”