Podcast interview

A forum to discuss the Eldritch Role-Playing System.

Moderators: finarvyn, dancross

Locked
dancross
Cold-Blooded Diabolist
Posts: 528
Joined: Sat Sep 08, 2007 9:32 pm

Podcast interview

Post by dancross »

Hey, I was interviewed by All Games Considered, a neat podcast. Check it out, the portion dealing with Eldritch Role Playing starts about 30 minutes into the program, but if you're Robotech fans you'll enjoy hearing a lot about recent happenings with Palladium's mech offerings in the first half of the show.

It's at:
http://www.agcpodcast.info/2008/08/agc- ... s-and.html
StormPatriarch
Hard-Bitten Adventurer
Posts: 173
Joined: Tue Apr 08, 2008 6:07 am

Re: Podcast interview

Post by StormPatriarch »

dancross wrote:Hey, I was interviewed by All Games Considered, a neat podcast. Check it out, the portion dealing with Eldritch Role Playing starts about 30 minutes into the program, but if you're Robotech fans you'll enjoy hearing a lot about recent happenings with Palladium's mech offerings in the first half of the show.

It's at:
http://www.agcpodcast.info/2008/08/agc- ... s-and.html
Pretty cool. Sounds like they gave it a thumbs up so far...Hope that the in depth continues in that vein.
"I am the soul of honor, kindness, mercy, and goodness. Trust me in all things." Corwin to Dara, The Guns of Avalon

"...I was the lesser evil." --Bleys to Corwin, Nine Princes in Amber
Eisenmann
Far-Sighted Wanderer
Posts: 37
Joined: Sat Feb 16, 2008 7:16 pm

Re: Podcast interview

Post by Eisenmann »

Awesome. Great review.
dancross
Cold-Blooded Diabolist
Posts: 528
Joined: Sat Sep 08, 2007 9:32 pm

Re: Podcast interview

Post by dancross »

Eisenmann wrote:Awesome. Great review.
My wife (Carrie) was really happy that the reviewer understood the length of the published character sheet has more to do with providing lots of notes space and easy-to-read organization than implying major rules-heaviness. I do like the streamlined one based on her original better, and will be using it, but still, Carrie was happy with that comment.

Also, the reviewer really seemed to "get it" with our whole intention and feel of the game. She didn't get every rules detail right, but as she said, she hasn't played it yet.
For example, one thing she mentioned was rolling dice from two separate specializations under the same ability tree. This, according to the core rules, it's not "technically" allowed (or really discussed). However, as I've said in other threads, it makes sense to allow it, and it works well without changing one iota of the rules. So long as you don't roll more than three dice in a single ADC, and so long as the combination makes sense, allow it.

Anyway, I had fun with that interview, and I was relieved, because you never know what a reviewer will say.
StormPatriarch
Hard-Bitten Adventurer
Posts: 173
Joined: Tue Apr 08, 2008 6:07 am

Re: Podcast interview

Post by StormPatriarch »

dancross wrote: My wife (Carrie) was really happy that the reviewer understood the length of the published character sheet has more to do with providing lots of notes space and easy-to-read organization than implying major rules-heaviness. I do like the streamlined one based on her original better, and will be using it, but still, Carrie was happy with that comment.
That was always a stressed point w/ my group. You can use the 7 page charcter sheet if you want tons of room, or the new short one if you prefer.
dancross wrote:Also, the reviewer really seemed to "get it" with our whole intention and feel of the game. She didn't get every rules detail right, but as she said, she hasn't played it yet.
For example, one thing she mentioned was rolling dice from two separate specializations under the same ability tree. This, according to the core rules, it's not "technically" allowed (or really discussed). However, as I've said in other threads, it makes sense to allow it, and it works well without changing one iota of the rules. So long as you don't roll more than three dice in a single ADC, and so long as the combination makes sense, allow it.

Anyway, I had fun with that interview, and I was relieved, because you never know what a reviewer will say.
As stated above, def a good interview. I hope that she gets to play it and enjoys it.
"I am the soul of honor, kindness, mercy, and goodness. Trust me in all things." Corwin to Dara, The Guns of Avalon

"...I was the lesser evil." --Bleys to Corwin, Nine Princes in Amber
User avatar
dunbruha
Mighty-Thewed Reaver
Posts: 304
Joined: Sun May 04, 2008 4:00 pm
Location: Virginia

Re: Podcast interview

Post by dunbruha »

Yes, nice interview and "review". They definitely seemed interested. One big aspect they missed, though, was the open nature of the skill system, ie, the fostering of player imagination without being locked into specific feats.
Locked

Return to “Eldritch Role-Playing System”