Thank you

A forum to discuss the Eldritch Role-Playing System.

Moderators: finarvyn, dancross

dancross
Cold-Blooded Diabolist

Thank you

Post by dancross »

I would like to extend a thanks to all of the folks on this board who've contributed, asked questions, and given this game a shot. I've heard your requests, gathered a team, and I'm preparing to deliver the sort of material you're all requesting. Progress has been slow, since this has been a "one man show" for quite some time, but I think anybody who played ERP knows how much fun it is.

I won't be going away!

~Dan Cross
other credits: co-author, World Builder (troll lord games, with Gary Gygax)
author, Insidiae (troll lord games, Gygaxian Fantasy World Series)
dunbruha
Mighty-Thewed Reaver

Re: Thank you

Post by dunbruha »

dancross wrote:I would like to extend a thanks to all of the folks on this board who've contributed, asked questions, and given this game a shot. I've heard your requests, gathered a team, and I'm preparing to deliver the sort of material you're all requesting. Progress has been slow, since this has been a "one man show" for quite some time, but I think anybody who played ERP knows how much fun it is.

I won't be going away!
Awesome!
dancross wrote:~Dan Cross
weren't you also involved with LA somehow?
orcface
Far-Sighted Wanderer

Post by orcface »

Capital! I am glad you are undaunted by the clamoring of the crowd. Maybe we can even be some help!
dancross
Cold-Blooded Diabolist

Post by dancross »

weren't you also involved with LA somehow?
Yes I was. I wrote a good number of articles for Lejends magazine about six or seven years ago, and authored some adventures with Gary's input that got too big to see print (but will see the light of day in one form or another one day).

Those were the days. :)
dancross
Cold-Blooded Diabolist

Post by dancross »

orcface wrote:Capital! I am glad you are undaunted by the clamoring of the crowd. Maybe we can even be some help!
It's a good game that will grow, despite some early mistakes, and that's what matters. I KNOW it plays differently than other games, it has a unique "feel" once understood. Getting more info out on monsters, traps, magic items, and more spells...that's all in the works, so stay tuned!
StormPatriarch
Hard-Bitten Adventurer

Post by StormPatriarch »

dancross wrote:I would like to extend a thanks to all of the folks on this board who've contributed, asked questions, and given this game a shot. I've heard your requests, gathered a team, and I'm preparing to deliver the sort of material you're all requesting. Progress has been slow, since this has been a "one man show" for quite some time, but I think anybody who played ERP knows how much fun it is.

I won't be going away!

~Dan Cross
Very cool that more will come out. And always good to hear that the speaker will not disappear. :)
"I am the soul of honor, kindness, mercy, and goodness. Trust me in all things." Corwin to Dara, The Guns of Avalon

"...I was the lesser evil." --Bleys to Corwin, Nine Princes in Amber
Eisenmann
Far-Sighted Wanderer

Post by Eisenmann »

I'm glad to be able to help any way I can. I really enjoy playing the game.
Merit
Ill-Fated Peasant

Post by Merit »

Hey I haven't actually gotten a chance to sit down, and play the game yet, but I was curious about it. I'm a D&D player mostly and this just seemed like a nice change of pace with some serious potential for personalization. So I was just curious how it plays from the perspective of other gamers. So if anyone could give me a heads up about some experience with it I'd be much obliged.
Eisenmann
Far-Sighted Wanderer

Post by Eisenmann »

Merit wrote:Hey I haven't actually gotten a chance to sit down, and play the game yet, but I was curious about it. I'm a D&D player mostly and this just seemed like a nice change of pace with some serious potential for personalization. So I was just curious how it plays from the perspective of other gamers. So if anyone could give me a heads up about some experience with it I'd be much obliged.
I've been tending more toward open narration by the GM and the players. I've been wanting to get away from the GM feeding the players with info and the players mostly say, "I hit him." I gotta say, I've been guilty of that while sitting on both sides of the GM screen.

One of the coolest parts about ERP is that it engages the players to describe how they're using a particular defense pool. I've found that this spills over into other areas of the game. It seems as if the players have a tough time relegating narration to just combat.

Something else that I really like is how skills/abilities work. I wrote up a samurai last night and was able to write up many of the character's abilities using Japanese terms. Now, this can be done with any system but it was absolutely trivial to do with ADCs. I wasn't wrecking anything nor obfuscating terms making reference later difficult.
Merit
Ill-Fated Peasant

Post by Merit »

Alright sounds interesting. I prefer to develop the world and story around me. I also love to hear the input of the players when I'm DM so I like the idea of forcing the player to describe their actions based on the defense pool.

Return to “Eldritch Role-Playing System”