Wilderlands of Eldritch Fantasy: Races, pt.1

A forum to discuss the Eldritch Role-Playing System.

Moderators: finarvyn, dancross

elrics
Ill-Fated Peasant

Wilderlands of Eldritch Fantasy: Races, pt.1

Post by elrics »

As an initial attempt to port over my favorite high fantasy campaign setting, Judges' Guilds' awesome Wilderlands of High Fantasy/City-State of the Invincible Overlord, here is my take on three iconic Wilderlands Human cultures written up as ERP races:

Altanian (12CP): A cross between idealized Native American warrior tribes and Conan's Cimmerians. Animal Handling d6, Endurance d6, Feats of Strength d6, Scouting-R- d4, Survival d6, Willpower d6.

Amazon (8CP): Basically, the character Lucy Lawless portrayed in "Xena: Warrior Princess", only more apt to appear topless on-screen. Agility d6 (i.e. "Combat Precognition"), Animal Handling d6, Scrutiny d6, Survival d6, Advantage: Attractiveness d4 (+1CP), Disadvantage: Compulsion (dislike males) (-1CP).

Tharbrian (8CP): Formerly Viking-style barbarians, now starting to embrace feudal chivalry...much like our Earth's Normans in 1066. Animal Handling d6, Endurance d6, Survival d6, Willpower d6.

As in any cross-system conversions, these are open to interpretation. Comments welcome!
The most important single central fact about a free market is that no exchange takes place unless both parties benefit.
--Milton Friedman
dancross
Cold-Blooded Diabolist

Re: Wilderlands of Eldritch Fantasy: Races, pt.1

Post by dancross »

elrics wrote:As an initial attempt to port over my favorite high fantasy campaign setting, Judges' Guilds' awesome Wilderlands of High Fantasy/City-State of the Invincible Overlord, here is my take on three iconic Wilderlands Human cultures written up as ERP races:

Altanian (12CP): A cross between idealized Native American warrior tribes and Conan's Cimmerians. Animal Handling d6, Endurance d6, Feats of Strength d6, Scouting-R- d4, Survival d6, Willpower d6.

Amazon (8CP): Basically, the character Lucy Lawless portrayed in "Xena: Warrior Princess", only more apt to appear topless on-screen. Agility d6 (i.e. "Combat Precognition"), Animal Handling d6, Scrutiny d6, Survival d6, Advantage: Attractiveness d4 (+1CP), Disadvantage: Compulsion (dislike males) (-1CP).

Tharbrian (8CP): Formerly Viking-style barbarians, now starting to embrace feudal chivalry...much like our Earth's Normans in 1066. Animal Handling d6, Endurance d6, Survival d6, Willpower d6.

As in any cross-system conversions, these are open to interpretation. Comments welcome!
I like it! See, there's no reason why anybody has to use the "default" racial packages, for humans or otherwise. You could also create occupational "paths" like the one in the core rules for each of these races, each capitalizing on their strengths and cultures. I think this showcases a strength of the system.

Thank you ;-)

Return to “Eldritch Role-Playing System”