Goodman Games
http://goodman-games.com/forums/

How to Write Adventures that Don't Suck (Digital Initiative)
http://goodman-games.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=30&t=2392
Page 1 of 1

Author:  Warduke [ Tue Aug 21, 2007 9:57 am ]
Post subject:  How to Write Adventures that Don't Suck (Digital Initiative)

i had the good fortune of getting to attend this seminar but i was late, so i ended up standing in the back. does anyone have a scan of the handout?

Author:  Jengenritz [ Tue Aug 21, 2007 10:16 am ]
Post subject: 

Glad you could make the seminar!
We were only expecting X number of attendees, but over twice as many people showed up, so handouts were in short supply.

I've got a copy of the original Word document that the handout was printed from...if you like, drop me a PM with your email address and I can get it to you.

Author:  Warduke [ Tue Aug 21, 2007 10:45 am ]
Post subject: 

that's awesome. i'll send a pm.

btw. GREAT work on castle whiterock. the box set is amazing. its like a band of gamers got together and said to themselves, "all the other mega dungeons suck. how could we make one that rocks?"

and then after the successful rocking you guys added more. thnak you!

can you tell us how you went about doing the design for whiterock (the ultimate not-suck adventure?)

Author:  Nahat Anoj [ Tue Aug 21, 2007 10:52 am ]
Post subject: 

Jengenritz wrote:
Glad you could make the seminar!
We were only expecting X number of attendees, but over twice as many people showed up, so handouts were in short supply.

I've got a copy of the original Word document that the handout was printed from...if you like, drop me a PM with your email address and I can get it to you.

I'll PM you, because I'd like that handout as well. I didn't attend because when I was trying to sign up at Event Registration they said the event was full. It sounds like it would have been pretty cramped if I went anyway.

Maybe you can save it as a pdf and put it up on the website?

Author:  goodmangames [ Tue Aug 21, 2007 3:41 pm ]
Post subject: 

Here's a PDF of the seminar handout:

http://www.goodman-games.com/downloads/ ... ntSuck.pdf

Author:  Jengenritz [ Tue Aug 21, 2007 3:57 pm ]
Post subject: 

Quote:
can you tell us how you went about doing the design for whiterock (the ultimate not-suck adventure?)


Absolutely!
I've been kinda MIA on the Adventure Design thread because Chronicle of the Fiend was monopolizing my time, but as soon as the final edits go out (this week) I'll start posting some backstage-pass love.

And thanks for the praise! Feel free to post comments (etc.) on the Castle Whiterock thread...let others know how the mega-adventure (and city, and gaz, and everything else) strikes you.

Author:  Ogrepuppy [ Sat Aug 25, 2007 4:35 pm ]
Post subject: 

Warduke wrote:
GREAT work on castle whiterock. the box set is amazing. its like a band of gamers got together and said to themselves, "all the other mega dungeons suck. how could we make one that rocks?"

and then after the successful rocking you guys added more.

Darn you and your big-assed scary looking shield! I wasn't able to go, so I have to wait for my Whiterock Loooooooooove Box. I wanna read all about the rocking-est dungeon yet!!

(white rock--? so it's crack cocaine?)

Author:  Jengenritz [ Wed Aug 29, 2007 10:10 pm ]
Post subject: 

Quote:
can you tell us how you went about doing the design for whiterock (the ultimate not-suck adventure?)


I started a thread on the writing of Whiterock, thusly:

http://www.goodman-games.com/forums/vie ... php?t=2486

Author:  GustavBertram [ Mon Jul 17, 2017 4:37 am ]
Post subject:  Re: How to Write Adventures that Don't Suck (Digital Initiat

I see there's an expanded edition of How To Write Adventures That Don't Suck in hardcopy. What about a PDF edition of the book?

I've read the PDF of the previous edition, and it was fantastic. I'd like more.

Page 1 of 1 All times are UTC - 8 hours
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group
https://www.phpbb.com/