Xcrawl products

In XCC, you're a superstar athlete taking your chances in a live-on-pay-per-view death sport. It’s a modern-day world with a fantasy twist, and the game is simple: the Dungeon Judge, or DJ, creates an artificial dungeon under controlled — but lethal — conditions. Can you survive?

Moderators: DJ LaBoss, finarvyn, Harley Stroh

kingpaul
Ill-Fated Peasant

Xcrawl products

Post by kingpaul »

So, saw the announcement, and am very happy this line is coming back to life. Where will the official forums be hosted? Here, or over at Pandahead?
PL 2nd, PCGen
goodmangames
Cold-Hearted Immortal

Post by goodmangames »

Pandahead's site will still host the official forums. But you can post stuff here, too. :)
Joseph Goodman
Goodman Games
www.goodman-games.com
kingpaul
Ill-Fated Peasant

Post by kingpaul »

Not trying to be pushy (really, I'm not), but just curious when the PDF versions will be making their debut.
PL 2nd, PCGen
goodmangames
Cold-Hearted Immortal

Post by goodmangames »

You mean PDFs of the existing XCrawl books? They are already available at DriveThruRPG:

http://www.drivethrurpg.com/catalog/ind ... th=187_166
Joseph Goodman
Goodman Games
www.goodman-games.com
kingpaul
Ill-Fated Peasant

Post by kingpaul »

Aha, that would explain it. I was looking at RPGNow, not DTRPG.
PL 2nd, PCGen
carpbrain
Gongfarmer

Post by carpbrain »

Hello there,

As a fan of XCrawl, I'm thrilled to see Goodman Games picking up the publishing rights to this setting. I can't wait to see what you guys will do with it. I was wondering if you could let us know who from the original crew at Pandahead will be involved with any new product coming out through Goodman? I really enjoyed Brendan LaSalle's and Brian Clement's take on the XCrawl world and I;d love to see more from them. Thanks.
goodmangames
Cold-Hearted Immortal

Post by goodmangames »

Sure thing! The first Xcrawl release from Goodman Games is written by the man himself, Brendan LaSalle. It will be the complete Necromerica crawl, the same one that was run (in part) as the Xcrawl tournament moduel at Gen Con 2004. It'll be available at Gen Con. And we'll have more after that, though the details aren't final yet....
Joseph Goodman
Goodman Games
www.goodman-games.com
DJ LaBoss
Wild-Eyed Zealot

Post by DJ LaBoss »

goodmangames wrote:Sure thing! The first Xcrawl release from Goodman Games is written by the man himself, Brendan LaSalle. It will be the complete Necromerica crawl, the same one that was run (in part) as the Xcrawl tournament moduel at Gen Con 2004. It'll be available at Gen Con. And we'll have more after that, though the details aren't final yet....
Heres a detail that IS final - you had better bring your A game to Necromerica!

Seriously, thanks to Goodman Games for bringing Xcrawl back. I will try to be on the forums as much as my tight schedule allows to answer any questions ya'll may have.

be well,

Brendan "DJ LaBoss" LaSalle
carpbrain
Gongfarmer

Post by carpbrain »

Brendan,

It's great to see you still invovled with XCrawl. Will you be at GenCon this year? It's always cool to see you and I'd be really interested in hearing what you have in the works for the game.

Also, I just noticed the Pandahead forums are missing. Does anyone know if this is temporary?
PandaBrett
Tyrant Master (Administrator)

Post by PandaBrett »

Hello everyone!

Great to see you folks over here. Everything that is happening at Goodman with Xcrawl is very exciting, and I know that you guys are going to love what is to come.

To answer the last question: the forums being down at Pandahead.com is a temporary thing. There was a snafu with our forum software and the new host for the website, and the webmaster is trying to get new software installed and preserve all of the old posts. He hopes to have them back up and running this week.

But as you can see, I'll be visiting this forum as well. :D

Brett Brooks
President, Pandahead Productions
Raptor
Deft-Handed Cutpurse

Post by Raptor »

Have you thought of doing a package type of deal for someone who wants to get in on X-crawl? Just wondering.
goodmangames
Cold-Hearted Immortal

Post by goodmangames »

Consider it thought of. :) More to come...
Joseph Goodman
Goodman Games
www.goodman-games.com
bobrunnicles
Wild-Eyed Zealot

Post by bobrunnicles »

Raptor wrote:Have you thought of doing a package type of deal for someone who wants to get in on X-crawl? Just wondering.
Yeah, I could be interested in something like this as well.

Oh, another question - Necromerica says that it contains everything (X-Crawl related, obviously) needed to play - is this true? If that's so, then it's an AWESOME idea for an intro to the game, I think I will definitely need to pick it up :)
goodmangames
Cold-Hearted Immortal

Post by goodmangames »

Yup, Necromerica has everything you need to play. There are pregens, sidebars to explain special rules (like fame), and an appendix with the equipment. Of course you'll still need your D&D PHB for the d20 rules, and owning the Xcrawl rulebooks will give you an even better time with Necromerica (for example, knowing full class details & level progressions on the pregens vs. just their "slice in time" stats). So once you're hooked on Necromerica be sure to check out the rest of the line. :)
Joseph Goodman
Goodman Games
www.goodman-games.com

Return to “Xcrawl (Xcrawl Classics and prior editions)”