Xcrawl Color Edition Question

In XCC, you're a superstar athlete taking your chances in a live-on-pay-per-view death sport. It’s a modern-day world with a fantasy twist, and the game is simple: the Dungeon Judge, or DJ, creates an artificial dungeon under controlled — but lethal — conditions. Can you survive?

Moderators: DJ LaBoss, finarvyn, Harley Stroh

DQuartermane
Far-Sighted Wanderer

Xcrawl Color Edition Question

Post by DQuartermane »

I have been a crawl fan for quite a while now and have ran a few crawls with some great results. But I have moved away from my friends who had my books so now I am looking to get the books again. But I have a quick question about the Color Version of the main Xcrawl book that is available in the GG store. It is 3.5 compatible correct, when I originally got the book it was 3.0 and in black and white. I just wanted to make sure this version is 3.5 ready. It might sound silly, but I just wanted to make sure. Thanks in advance and great job to all at GG for keeping the Crawl going.

DQuartermane

"You Can't Stop The Crawling"
goodmangames
Cold-Hearted Immortal

Post by goodmangames »

Yes, the color edition is 3.5. There are a couple "Xcrawl quirks" (like the Perform skill still uses the 3.0 rules, because, well, they're cooler) but aside from those, everything that should be updated to 3.5 is updated.
Joseph Goodman
Goodman Games
www.goodman-games.com
DQuartermane
Far-Sighted Wanderer

WARNING: RANT

Post by DQuartermane »

Thanks for the response, I thought so but I just wanted to make sure. I understated my love for Xcrawl in my previous post, it freaking rocks. About a couple of years back my friends and I were sitting around bored. We had already done the "go outside" thing and that was enough for one day. Well I had bought the original core and DM screen off of a friend but hadn't played in a while. After mentioning what I had in my trunk they all wanted to try it out, and the legend of the Louisville Sluggas was born.

Xcrawl is a awesome game and when I heard it might be no more I was crushed. But recently my girlfriend suggested it when I brought up gaming and starting a group on my college campus. Her saying thought brought back all those memories and now I see that the Crawl is doing quite well and I am thrilled to hear it. Forgive my rant just wanted to tell you how great it is and keep up the good work.

DQuartermane

(New Guy)
goodmangames
Cold-Hearted Immortal

Post by goodmangames »

Thanks for the kind words! We've got some good plans for Xcrawl. Will you be at Gen Con? We're putting together an organized three-round tournament this year. You should sign up!
Joseph Goodman
Goodman Games
www.goodman-games.com
DQuartermane
Far-Sighted Wanderer

Post by DQuartermane »

Regretfully I probably wont get to GenCon this year but it is my hope to get to a con this year. And unless my buddy is running Crawl I will be all over it probably. Consider me your unofficial ambassador where I can.
DQuartermane
Far-Sighted Wanderer

Post by DQuartermane »

I just got to thinking about another question. Didn't the Three Rivers Crawl and the Emperors Cup (4700) and some of the other books come out before the revised edition. What I mean is are all the supplement books updated to 3.5 as well. Im assuming they are all up to date, but I am about to spend a decent chunk of change get the Color Book and some stuff and I wanted to make sure. Im sure I sound annoying but thanks for your time.
Anemone
Far-Sighted Wanderer

Post by Anemone »

Is there any plan to offer the update info as PDFs? I have the complete collection of all Xcrawl books published, and I love to get the errata/changes found in the new editions.
Anemone
DJ LaBoss
Wild-Eyed Zealot

Re: WARNING: RANT

Post by DJ LaBoss »

DQuartermane wrote:Xcrawl is a awesome game and when I heard it might be no more I was crushed. But recently my girlfriend suggested it when I brought up gaming and starting a group on my college campus. Her saying thought brought back all those memories and now I see that the Crawl is doing quite well and I am thrilled to hear it. Forgive my rant just wanted to tell you how great it is and keep up the good work.

DQuartermane

(New Guy)
Thanks for all the kind words! Hope we continue to please!
DJ LaBoss
Wild-Eyed Zealot

Post by DJ LaBoss »

DQuartermane wrote:I just got to thinking about another question. Didn't the Three Rivers Crawl and the Emperors Cup (4700) and some of the other books come out before the revised edition. What I mean is are all the supplement books updated to 3.5 as well. Im assuming they are all up to date, but I am about to spend a decent chunk of change get the Color Book and some stuff and I wanted to make sure. Im sure I sound annoying but thanks for your time.
Okay heres how it goes.

The black and white core book, SellOut! and the Guild Sourcebook are both 3.0.

3.5 came out right as I was finishing up the Emperor's Cup. I got the new PH and MM and did my best to update it but looking back there are plenty of mistakes. My total bad. Luckily the parts that need updating are fairly easy (mostly its spells and magic items that need to be updated).

Everything else is 3.5.

Hope that helps,

B
DQuartermane
Far-Sighted Wanderer

Post by DQuartermane »

Thanks for the info, that is what I was wondering. I apologize if I came across as rude or anything, was not my intention. Just like knowing all I can about something before I purchase it. I am going to get Sell Out and eventually the Guild Sourcebook, but what all needs to be updated for 3.5 or is there a PDF with it on there. Thanks again for the info.

Return to “Xcrawl (Xcrawl Classics and prior editions)”