Mapping The Whole Thing Out...

Forum for Etherscope, our new RPG of cyberpunk Victoriana.

Moderators: DJ LaBoss, finarvyn, Harley Stroh, malladin_ben, Malladin_Nigel

Ralph the Dog
Far-Sighted Wanderer

Mapping The Whole Thing Out...

Post by Ralph the Dog »

If "ether" and reality are so tightly intermixed, could you use the ether to get the idea of an area's topography?

Example: I write a program to give me an idea what an area would look like by using the "displacement" of "ether" by following the curvature of the local enviroment.

You would have to develop a domain in the area you want to explore, but besides that..there should be no boundries. You could explore the bottom of the ocean or the surface of the Moon..or Mars..even? :twisted:
malladin_ben
Hard-Bitten Adventurer

Post by malladin_ben »

That is a very nice idea. It would be a very good power for a scope explorer-type character. I'm sure we'll have such an advanced class in some future supplement of other, so I think we'll make use of that, if you don't mind, Mr The Dog :).

Ben
Ralph the Dog
Far-Sighted Wanderer

Post by Ralph the Dog »

Ralph..is good enough. Mr. The Dog is my father. :wink:

I was also thinking that this type of "ether-mapping" could be used as a type of sonar/radar. Your domain could be either widened or lessened according to the input parameters.

The larger the parameter the less definition you would have for the enviroment surrounding your vechile/person and the smaller the parameter the more definition for surveyed area.

You would also have to have some way to "spin" the domain to achieve a true 3-D representation. Perhaps..a series of nested domains within each other at varying differences from your orginal axis point?

One of the other ideas for this concept would be for Victorian ghosthunter, using the ether mapping process to locate objects/beings in the etherscape.

A fun idea would be to have your players locate an avatar of a Etherscape creature in the Prime Reality. Your players would "see" a streetlamp in Prime Reality while the viewer scope would show a streetlamp being part of some immense tentacle of some Elder God.

Return to “Etherscope”