Etherscope StorytellER system conversion

Forum for Etherscope, our new RPG of cyberpunk Victoriana.

Moderators: DJ LaBoss, finarvyn, Harley Stroh, malladin_ben, Malladin_Nigel

malladin_ben
Hard-Bitten Adventurer

Etherscope StorytellER system conversion

Post by malladin_ben »

Following Estelle (Lady Highgate)'s interest in a conversion to the old WoD Storyteller system (as opposed to the new StorytellING system), I thought I'd kick off a discussion on this on a new thread.

I'll post my ideas below and you can see what you think. Feel free to post you own conversion ideas or, if you want to chat about a conversion to another system start another thread so that we can keep the discussions separate and avoid any confusion.

Posts to follow.

Ben
malladin_ben
Hard-Bitten Adventurer

Quick conversion ideas...

Post by malladin_ben »

Here's a few of my ideas for a quick and easy conversion.

Firtsly, I'd start with the Trinityverse base (I think Exalted uses something similar), whih works better for normal humans.

Adventure has the skills list that is the closest match to the type of society we're talking about, so I'd use that as a starting point (character sheet here: http://download.white-wolf.com/download ... ile_id=310). I'd add scope use (remote) as a new skill for intelligence.

I'd make the special skills (Fighting techniques, scope skills and occult skills) available as 1-5 rated special traits, each one giving a new additional power with each level. Granted there's not as many powers for the occult skills as 5 levels, but more will come in future supplements, so don't worry too much.

For the Scope skills, you can mine the special abilities of teh different Scope classes. These could give you one free ability each level, with the more powerful abilities requiring a higher min ranks to acquire it. Split the powers between the different skills, so Enhanced Transfer could be a Scope Awareness power, Degraqding Touch a Scope Use (immersed) power. Avatar stats should be Int=Str, Per=Dex and Cha=Sta.

For FTs, make them a 1-5 skill that can be used in place of melee/martial arts/firearms, etc, which also has a special at each level based on the manoeuvres.

Relative toteh skills cost of 2pts/rank, I think scope skills should be 3pts, FTs 4 pts and occult skills 6 pts.

I'd ditch all backgrounds and replace them with influences (as 1-5 stats).

That's all for now,more to follow

Ben
el diablo robotico
Ill-Fated Peasant

Post by el diablo robotico »

I like the idea of modelling the conversion after Adventure! I completely agree that it would work best. Like what you have so far.
kris_40000
Far-Sighted Wanderer

Post by kris_40000 »

Well I up for the challenge... I'll have a think for sunday.... I think the new Story Telling system may have a means to enable many of the fighting styles and feats and talents to be accounted for in the new Merit system........

It should be quite a blast to try out in either set.....
Einstein, don't tell God what to do. (Niels Bohr in response to Einstein's 'God does not play dice)
How wonderful that we have met with a paradox. Now we have some hope of making progress. (Niels Bohr)
malladin_ben
Hard-Bitten Adventurer

Post by malladin_ben »

kris_40000 wrote:Well I up for the challenge... I'll have a think for sunday.... I think the new Story Telling system may have a means to enable many of the fighting styles and feats and talents to be accounted for in the new Merit system........

It should be quite a blast to try out in either set.....
Yep, I had a similar thought. My issue was, though, how to handle influences - maybe just a new trait type.
Lady of Highgate
Ill-Fated Peasant

Post by Lady of Highgate »

I have almost finished reading the main book, and to be honest I think we have our work cut out here! But I shall be on the case tomorrow, and hopefully have something to post this weekend.

But I loved the book Ben - its such a different spin on Victoriana :D
The howl of the wolf as Big Ben strikes midnight
kris_40000
Far-Sighted Wanderer

Post by kris_40000 »

But I loved the book Ben - its such a different spin on Victoriana icon_biggrin.gif
*hugs Lady of Highgate*

All we need to do now is infect more of the SnE'ers and we might have a growing scope movement.

Glad you like it... For me thats ace cos it just shows how good a job Ben and Nigel did to make a game so captivating.... Hell I've been invading their scope domains since last summer just to read the spoilers and stuff....
Einstein, don't tell God what to do. (Niels Bohr in response to Einstein's 'God does not play dice)
How wonderful that we have met with a paradox. Now we have some hope of making progress. (Niels Bohr)
malladin_ben
Hard-Bitten Adventurer

Post by malladin_ben »

Kris, what's an SnE'er?

Post by Guest »

The best WoD forum on the web not run by WW.... so its almost flame free and a bloody friendly site...

http://www.shadownessence.com/

In other words these guys should love Etherscope in my opinion....

Its my WoD home online for the past year almost...
kris_40000
Far-Sighted Wanderer

Post by kris_40000 »

^

Was me..... ?????

I'm sure I was jacked in?
Lady of Highgate
Ill-Fated Peasant

Shadownessence.

I used to be Victorian Villicus there - in charge of the Victorian Age WOD, crossovers and just Victorian themed WOD games. I had to give it up, as it was taking too much time. My husband is still on there though.

But yes, its friendly, no flmaing allowed. A lot of people came over from White Wolf's forums.

I know Kris from there :D
kris_40000
Far-Sighted Wanderer

Post by kris_40000 »

Which reminds me... I need to sort out doing demo games at Fan Boy 3 for Etherscope... and thus I need to get in touch with the Uni rople play soc....
Lady of Highgate
Ill-Fated Peasant

I'm going to have to put things on hold for a week, guys.
Having some minor surgery.

But I'll be back!
kris_40000
Far-Sighted Wanderer

Post by kris_40000 »

Well I just sat down after running Mage tonight... picked up Etehrscope... and soon enough I had the workings of Etherscope ST system.... ie WoE.. the world of etherscope.....

Just have to sort out scope avatars and races and its ready for a play test.

Return to “Etherscope”