Jason "Siggy" Weibe - Chalychia Devil Lich award

A forum for discussing the many DCC modules published under third edition rules, EXCEPT for Castle Whiterock, which has its own forum.

Moderators: DJ LaBoss, finarvyn, Harley Stroh

gargoyle
Far-Sighted Wanderer

Jason "Siggy" Weibe - Chalychia Devil Lich award

Post by gargoyle »

Ok i just looked at the miniture for Chalychia the Devil Lich, and right now am stating that this miniature is a lock for "most phallic mini" at every awards ceremony for the next 20 years!

I mean D&D is phallocentric, and i can't help but wonder what stage Freud would think my table of gamers was in... but i have never seen all of these sentiments depicted in such an artful way before!

When i play the module i am going to have Chalychia the Devil Lich cast "Iron Phallus" non stop on the PC's - I AM SO BUYING THIS MINI FOR EVERY PERSON I KNOW WHO PLAYS D&D! :D
Greg Oppedisano
Author: The Great City Campaign setting, PC Pearls, Sidetrek Adventure Weekly, GM Gems, DCC 48, DCC 49, DCC 43, DCC 32, DCC 29...
Contact info and bibliography in the WereCabbage patch: http://www.werecabbages.com/members.php?id=22
hanuman
Ill-Fated Peasant

Post by hanuman »

Ha! you must remember that in strictly freudian terms, it is not the object which is phallic, it is one's response to the object which makes it phallic.

an eye-of-the-beholder thing:)

but, seriously, sculpting spelleffects is always tricky. when i saw her on the cover art, i knew she had to be flying and casting a spell. when i first put her arms on the simple conical blast, it REALLY looked suggestive, so i altered the pose a bit and tried to make the spell cone a little more diffuse.

I am sure the painted version won't be as stark a symbol as the "white"

I would really like to see some intrepid miniature painter/converter use a colored transparent plastic in place of the metal on the spell effect. Joseph and i discussed that at length but a small batch run of one tiny plastic piece turns out to be very very expensive. and anti-gravity generators were right out.

and, speaking of that, hey Joseph...lets do an eye-beast!

regards
jason wiebe, sculptor.
gargoyle
Far-Sighted Wanderer

Post by gargoyle »

Jason,

I am glad you took my attempt at humour as it was intended... coming back and reading my post i was begining to worry i might have offended you.

It is funny you should mention that painting it will change the effect because my gaming group said the exact same thing.

All kidding asside this is one of the most unique and origional minis out there - way more interesting than the typical poses that are standard fantasy sculpture fare, and certainly more memorable. Also i love having the key bad guys for encounters - it just feels so "right" to put the actual mini onto the table.
Greg Oppedisano
Author: The Great City Campaign setting, PC Pearls, Sidetrek Adventure Weekly, GM Gems, DCC 48, DCC 49, DCC 43, DCC 32, DCC 29...
Contact info and bibliography in the WereCabbage patch: http://www.werecabbages.com/members.php?id=22

Return to “DCC Modules - 3E”