Vault of the Dragon Kings maps

A forum for discussing the many DCC modules published under third edition rules, EXCEPT for Castle Whiterock, which has its own forum.

Moderators: DJ LaBoss, finarvyn, Harley Stroh

superfan
Deft-Handed Cutpurse

Vault of the Dragon Kings maps

Post by superfan »

Hello all,

I'm starting to map out selective portions of the Vault of the Dragon Kings. Some areas are amenable to mapping, and others....not so much. The first map I posted is on the dundjinni site at www.dundjinni.com. It is for the fist map of the third level, representing the "Long stair" and "The Maw." Go to the forums, and then click on maps, then the "vault of the dragon kings topic."

I hope to see used by GM's as it's a complex area benefits nicely from visuals. It was difficult to understand during the tournament. Perhaps that was why it was the first, and LAST room I saw in the tournament. Sigh..... :roll: :D

Rock on,
Ben Waxman
aka The Superfan
"They Might Be Dwarves" - World Champions Xcrawl 2007. So BAD...but yet so good.
ynnen
Hard-Bitten Adventurer

Post by ynnen »

Woot! Glad to see you tackling some maps from the Vault. The large scale makes mapping some areas problematic... Perhaps something of slightly smaller scale would work well for visualization, if not actual battlemaps... Regardless, I'm really looking forward to seeing what other areas you develop for this module!
Crypt of the Devil Lich, Dungeon Interludes, The Mask of Death, Adventure Begins, Vault of the Dragon Kings, the Power Gamers Wizard Strategy Guide, The Adventure Continues, Palace in the Wastes and PhoenixCrawl Open
fathead
Cold-Blooded Diabolist

Post by fathead »

We have access to an E-size plotter, so we'll be using that to display Ben's maps in all their glory!
Dark Oracle of Gaming
superfan
Deft-Handed Cutpurse

Post by superfan »

A PLOTTER!@!!!!!!

Ahhhhhh......Ohhhhhhh You lucky dog!!!!

When I grow up I want to be Dan!!!!! I'll get you some more maps soon!!!

Ben the superfan
"They Might Be Dwarves" - World Champions Xcrawl 2007. So BAD...but yet so good.
superfan
Deft-Handed Cutpurse

Post by superfan »

The Map to Area 3-4, "Spirits from the Past" is now available on the Dundjinni Website. (jpg only) www.dundjinni.com then forums, then maps. If you'd like a pdf before all the maps are completed, and likely posted here, please email me at benwax@aol.com

As Gary Gygax was quoted, "Fight on!"

Ben aka The Superfan
superfan
Deft-Handed Cutpurse

Post by superfan »

FYI:

My favorite map of the bunch, the finale of the adventure "The Pool of Dreams" is posted on the Dundjinni forums at www.dundjinni.com. Hope people like it, and if you need a higher res version or would prefer a pdf for easier printing, please email me at benwax@aol.com

Rock on,

Ben "the superfan" Waxman :D

funny how much more I enjoy the adventure when 1) I understand the story and 2) my character is not being killed every other encounter :shock: :D

Return to “DCC Modules - 3E”