Feather Token Whips?

A forum for discussing the many DCC modules published under third edition rules, EXCEPT for Castle Whiterock, which has its own forum.

Moderators: DJ LaBoss, finarvyn, Harley Stroh

bobrunnicles
Wild-Eyed Zealot

Feather Token Whips?

Post by bobrunnicles »

Guys,

I'm about 3/4 of the way through DCC1 Idylls and preparing for the last session this weekend when the players take on level 4. I was reviewing the NPCs and monsters to plan tactics for them and make sure I was using all their magic items correctly when I notice that Lawrence Gannu is listed as having (and using) something called either Feather Token Whips or Feather Tokens (Whip). However as much as I scour the DMG I can find no description of them - can anyone help me out here? Where are the details for this/these weapon(s)?

Thanks!

Bob
bobrunnicles
Wild-Eyed Zealot

Post by bobrunnicles »

Forget it.....I did some more digging around and located the magic word - 'Quaal', as in Quaal's Feather Tokens.

I guess I inspired myself - apologies for the unnecessary post :oops:
ragnar1965
Wild-Eyed Zealot

Post by ragnar1965 »

From the SRD:

Whip
A token that forms into a huge leather whip and wields itself against any opponent desired just like a dancing weapon. The weapon has a +10 base attack bonus, does 1d6+1 points of damage, has a +1 enhancement bonus on attack and damage rolls, and a makes a free grapple attack (with a +15 attack bonus) if it hits. The whip lasts no longer than 1 hour.

Moderate conjuration; CL 12th; Craft Wondrous Item, major creation; Price 50 gp (anchor), 300 gp (bird), 200 gp (fan), 450 gp (swan boat), 400 gp (tree), 500 gp (whip).
Forgiveness is between you and your maker. I'm just responsible for the meeting.
bobrunnicles
Wild-Eyed Zealot

Post by bobrunnicles »

ragnar1965
Wild-Eyed Zealot

Post by ragnar1965 »

Looks like we posted at the same time.
Forgiveness is between you and your maker. I'm just responsible for the meeting.
bobrunnicles
Wild-Eyed Zealot

Post by bobrunnicles »

Indeed.

Presumably, if these tokens are like Dancing Weapons they have to stay in the same square with the user, correct?

Return to “DCC Modules - 3E”