DCC #13 pre-gen tournament character question

A forum for discussing the many DCC modules published under third edition rules, EXCEPT for Castle Whiterock, which has its own forum.

Moderators: DJ LaBoss, finarvyn, Harley Stroh

JediOre
Cold-Hearted Immortal

DCC #13 pre-gen tournament character question

Post by JediOre »

I noticed the paladin's sword is intelligent.

Did anyone offer to play the sword? That would have been kinda fun (I think).

One may not have been able to roll the dice much, but he could have contributed to the thinking aspect.

I remember having an intelligent sword owned by the fighter in a game being given to the magic-user who became feebleminded. Thus the sword was able to "use" the body for control until the feebleminded was removed.

Intelligent swords are, in short, neat!
Harley Stroh
Cold-Hearted Immortal

Post by Harley Stroh »

Jedi, your games rule. :D
The lucky guy who got to write some Dungeon Crawl Classics.

DCC Resource thread: character sheets, judge tools, and the world's fastest 0-level party creator.
ynnen
Hard-Bitten Adventurer

Post by ynnen »

While none of the playtesters I ran through played the sword, the sword was played as an NPC. He was talkative and expressive, and even a bit arrogant and mocking of the feeble characters who were trapped and couldn't even take care of something as simple as a Devil Lich, etc.

Those were some memorable sessions... Some of the playtesters talk more about the scenes with the sword than some of the encounters.
Crypt of the Devil Lich, Dungeon Interludes, The Mask of Death, Adventure Begins, Vault of the Dragon Kings, the Power Gamers Wizard Strategy Guide, The Adventure Continues, Palace in the Wastes and PhoenixCrawl Open

Return to “DCC Modules - 3E”