DCC World

A forum for discussing the many DCC modules published under third edition rules, EXCEPT for Castle Whiterock, which has its own forum.

Moderators: DJ LaBoss, finarvyn, Harley Stroh

francisca
Far-Sighted Wanderer

Post by francisca »

goodmangames wrote:
PeelSeel2 wrote:The maps are too awesome. I do not want to use them. Will the maps come out as a seperate PDF for sale? I would hate to have to pay $39.95 for just the maps.
Hopefully. I'm looking at a couple options. At the very least I want to have yearly "map updates" that will place all new DCC's on the world map. (Future DCC's will also include a sidebar showing where they belong in the world.) And hopefully I'll have something more immediate, too. More to come...
First of all, DCC #35 is great! Congrats guys, you've done a helluva good job on it.

Secondly, add me to the chorus calling for the whole map in pdf or JPG format. If I could handle the 350M download for the PDF version of DCC #35, I can certainly handle it again for the map downloads. I've got access to 60" and 42" plotters at work, and eagerly await the chance to print the map out. :)

Finally, I'd just like to say thanks for even entertaining the idea of making the maps available in forms other than the way they came in the PDF. It is much appreciated.
Harley Stroh
Cold-Hearted Immortal

Post by Harley Stroh »

francisca wrote:
goodmangames wrote:I've got access to 60" and 42" plotters at work, and eagerly await the chance to print the map out. :)
How do I get a job there? :twisted:

//H
The lucky guy who got to write some Dungeon Crawl Classics.

DCC Resource thread: character sheets, judge tools, and the world's fastest 0-level party creator.
francisca
Far-Sighted Wanderer

Post by francisca »

Harley Stroh wrote:
francisca wrote:
goodmangames wrote:I've got access to 60" and 42" plotters at work, and eagerly await the chance to print the map out. :)
How do I get a job there? :twisted:

//H
Well, first you have to not mind:
-long hours
-stupid politics
-mid-range pay
-stupid politics
-stupid politics

If you can get past that, let me know. We will probably have a position opening in the next 3 months or so. :lol:
Treebore
Cold-Blooded Diabolist

Post by Treebore »

Astrocat has indicated he was able to consolidate his pdf files into one cohesive whole. I mentioned he should let Joe know, might be some free swag in it for him if it is a true "single file".
Castles and Crusades is my game of choice!
Treebore
Cold-Blooded Diabolist

Post by Treebore »

Astrocat has indicated he was able to consolidate his pdf files into one cohesive whole. I mentioned he should let Joe know, might be some free swag in it for him if it is a true "single file".
Treebore
Cold-Blooded Diabolist

Post by Treebore »

Hmmmm. The first time I posted it said I had a "fatal error" and I was on the Broncos website.

Interesting double post.
PeelSeel2
Hard-Bitten Adventurer

Post by PeelSeel2 »

Hmmmm. The first time I posted it said I had a "fatal error" and I was on the Broncos website.

Interesting double post.
JediOre
Cold-Hearted Immortal

Post by JediOre »

Wow, the last couple posts have a surreal quality to 'em.
Treebore
Cold-Blooded Diabolist

Post by Treebore »

Nah! Peelseel likes to make me feel the need to kick him. :wink:
Harley Stroh
Cold-Hearted Immortal

Post by Harley Stroh »

Just got my copy and it awesome!!! I'm making this my world for my starting as a DM and trying to absorb the books.

I do have some questions.

I noticed that the Lesser God Denithae info is missing and hope it is posted here. I want to make her my starting village cleric god.

I later want to incorperate the new module Expedition to Castle Ravenloft later and where would be a good place to set this?

I wonder if some city maps will be posted later?

thanks in advance
:D
I pinged Jeff to see if he can drop in and give us an answer. Meanwhile:

Re: Ravenloft. The eastern side of the Trolltooths (on the western border of Thire) would be a my first choice. Barovia is small enough to nestle quite nicely among the spires, and Strahd's depredations make a good addition to Thire's lonely western woods.

Edit: Also, Crazy, what cities are you looking for? Nothing official yet, but I might have maps of some your cities kicking around my desk.

//H

DCC Resource thread: character sheets, judge tools, and the world's fastest 0-level party creator.
Jeff LaSala
Cold-Blooded Diabolist

Post by Jeff LaSala »

Crazy!
I noticed that the Lesser God Denithae info is missing and hope it is posted here. I want to make her my starting village cleric god.

It was decided a while back that more gods would be listed (a la the old Greyhawk books) than would be actually detailed. You'll notice that Denithae isn't the only one. That said, tons of the gods were detailed. I tried the make the described gods the more likely ones to be used in a campaign. I figured the more passive deities wouldn't be as likely to have PC clerics. But what do I know?

If the powers that be (you know who you are!) grant permission, I'd love to explore the remaining gods more. In what form that would come, I do not yet know.

Are you trying to make Denithae fill the role of 3E Ravenloft's Morninglord or the Forgotten Realms' Lathander? Delvyr, god of light and knowledge, could fill that role pretty well.
Goodman Games: DCCs: #29, #31, #35, #48, #49, #51; Hero's Handbooks: Dragonborn, Tieflings; Level Up
Wizards of the Coast: The Darkwood Mask
Blindsided Books: Savant
Ashlock.org; NY Speculative Fiction Examiner
Eryx
Wild-Eyed Zealot

Post by Eryx »

Grabbed my copy yesturday. Absolutely fantastic! I can see me moving my future campaigns here very easily.

So far I've only just finished pouring over the Northlands section, but if the rest is that good, I can't wait!

One thing though, can I add my voice to being able to buy spare copies of the maps, please? :)
---

Staunch anti-4E. Nuff said.
AstroCat
Wild-Eyed Zealot

Post by AstroCat »

Jeff LaSala wrote:Crazy!

It was decided a while back that more gods would be listed (a la the old Greyhawk books) than would be actually detailed. You'll notice that Denithae isn't the only one. That said, tons of the gods were detailed. I tried the make the described gods the more likely ones to be used in a campaign. I figured the more passive deities wouldn't be as likely to have PC clerics. But what do I know?

If the powers that be (you know who you are!) grant permission, I'd love to explore the remaining gods more. In what form that would come, I do not yet know.

Are you trying to make Denithae fill the role of 3E Ravenloft's Morninglord or the Forgotten Realms' Lathander? Delvyr, god of light and knowledge, could fill that role pretty well.
Ok, understood. Could you please then recommend a god that the village of Dundraville would worship. Something based on good alignments, good harvest, protection, etc... kind of a generic "good" diety. Thanks!
Warduke
Mighty-Thewed Reaver

Post by Warduke »

Spare copies of maps! Spare copies of maps! Spare copies of maps!

(thank you)
Member of Fathead's Favorite Posters Team
Jeff LaSala
Cold-Blooded Diabolist

Post by Jeff LaSala »

Could you please then recommend a god that the village of Dundraville would worship. Something based on good alignments, good harvest, protection, etc... kind of a generic "good" diety.
Generic good, eh?
  • Delvyr, neutral good - good for deep-thinking and undead-hating.
    Gorhan and Justicia, lawful good - hardcore paladin types, interested in justice above all.
    Thormy, technically lawful neutral but with good tendencies - he may be your best fit, since he's interested in protection and duty. He serves Justicia, too.
Goodman Games: DCCs: #29, #31, #35, #48, #49, #51; Hero's Handbooks: Dragonborn, Tieflings; Level Up
Wizards of the Coast: The Darkwood Mask
Blindsided Books: Savant
Ashlock.org; NY Speculative Fiction Examiner
Rick Maffei
Hard-Bitten Adventurer

Post by Rick Maffei »

Jeff LaSala wrote:Thormy, technically lawful neutral but with good tendencies - he may be your best fit, since he's interested in protection and duty. He serves Justicia, too.
I think Jeff means Thormyr :wink:

... unless David Trampier draws him, in which case Thormy fits fine!
Ah, where's DAT when you need him?
Last edited by Rick Maffei on Fri Oct 20, 2006 9:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
DCC #26 The Scaly God
DCC #60 Thrones of Punjar
Monstercology: Orcs
Age of Cthulhu 2: Madness in London Town
Co-author Age of Cthulhu 5: The Long Reach of Evil
Co-author 2006, 2007, 2008 Tourney DCCs

Visit Rick's RPG Blog Jabberwock's Rest
Crazyjose
Far-Sighted Wanderer

Post by Crazyjose »

I pinged Jeff to see if he can drop in and give us an answer. Meanwhile:

Re: Ravenloft. The eastern side of the Trolltooths (on the western border of Thire) would be a my first choice. Barovia is small enough to nestle quite nicely among the spires, and Strahd's depredations make a good addition to Thire's lonely western woods.

Edit: Also, Crazy, what cities are you looking for? Nothing official yet, but I might have maps of some your cities kicking around my desk.

Thanks for the Ravenloft location :D . Now with that, I can make a background and tie it with my future campain(s).

As for cities, (since I'm starting at Dundraville) I'm looking at Archbridge and Soulgrave.

I figured a small village would worship Denithae. I see DCC #0 has a Druid Circle with a druid so i change my idea to the worship of Ildavir instead.

I echo the maps idea and hope it is a free download.

Thanks in advance and thanks for making great products. :D
AstroCat
Wild-Eyed Zealot

Post by AstroCat »

Question:
Amn’crith Forest: ... the Amn’crith elves have suffered less at the hands of man, and enjoy peaceful relations with the Barony of Moran.
What or where is the Barony of Moran? I couldn't find any reference to it.

Thanks!

0h and I think I'm still going to use Denithae as the main diety for the townsfolk Dundraville. Since it's not for a PC, I think I can swing it. :)

-Jordan "AstroCat"
Harley Stroh
Cold-Hearted Immortal

Post by Harley Stroh »

Astro,

Good catch. That should be the Kingdom of Kalía. Mistranslation from the original text. ;)

//H

AstroCat
Wild-Eyed Zealot

Post by AstroCat »

Harley Stroh wrote:Astro,

Good catch. That should be the Kingdom of Kalía. Mistranslation from the original text. ;)

//H
I figured it must be something like that. Thanks. :)
Warduke
Mighty-Thewed Reaver

Post by Warduke »

Boxed set in hand. It's an awesome world on its own, never mind the 40 adventures set in it. Long live DCCs!

So what are your favorite adventure hooks (hint to the editors, nudge, nudge) ? For me I want to see an adventure set in the Soulgrave. Undead horde waiting to be recruited!
Eryx
Wild-Eyed Zealot

Post by Eryx »

I'd like a scenario that interacts with the Scourge, Crieste and the there-abouts.
---

Staunch anti-4E. Nuff said.
Warduke
Mighty-Thewed Reaver

Post by Warduke »

I agree, Eryx. It'd be cool to have a scourge series, let the PCs deal with the monstrous horde.
Renshai
Hard-Bitten Adventurer

Map on a wall

Post by Renshai »

8)
Harley Stroh
Cold-Hearted Immortal

Post by Harley Stroh »

Ren! You're killing me. SO cool.

//H
Last edited by Harley Stroh on Fri Oct 20, 2006 11:34 am, edited 2 times in total.

Return to “DCC Modules - 3E”