The Dragonfiend Pact some thoughts

A forum for discussing the many DCC modules published under third edition rules, EXCEPT for Castle Whiterock, which has its own forum.

Moderators: DJ LaBoss, finarvyn, Harley Stroh

James Maclennan
Far-Sighted Wanderer

The Dragonfiend Pact some thoughts

Post by James Maclennan »

Ok I had a 7 player party for the second half of this dungeon,ammended the scenario as advised and guess what the party walked it.The total damage inflicted on the party was 2 points on Thorfinn and that was in the Badger lair. Now I admit that I had some lousy dice rolls and the party had some amazingly good ones but the Ants, Choker, Brightscale, Skeletons, Goren and Malchor failed to do any damage at all.The Skeletons were spectacularly unsuccessful failing to even enter combat before being reduced to jumbled bones by the Cleric and that was with a massive initiative advantage.

Next time the Skeletons will be Gnolls and the Choker will have a friend.
Open the Door, Kill the Monster, Take it's Treasure
Harley Stroh
Cold-Hearted Immortal

Re: The Dragonfiend Pact some thoughts

Post by Harley Stroh »

James Maclennan wrote:Now I admit that I had some lousy dice rolls and the party had some amazingly good ones...
Fate, she is a fickly mistress. At least the PCs won't have reason to complain when the dice turn against them. (My gaming group had a streak in an L5R campaign where one player spent 2 months hovering between conscious and unconscious. And this was a game where we played weekly. It all started when he tried jumping from one horse to another. Rough way for a hero to go down. Bad call on my part as GM.)

Of course, that won't stop them from complaining, but at least you'll feel vindicated. :)
The lucky guy who got to write some Dungeon Crawl Classics.

DCC Resource thread: character sheets, judge tools, and the world's fastest 0-level party creator.

Return to “DCC Modules - 3E”