Underwater Casting in Bloody Jacks?

A forum for discussing the many DCC modules published under third edition rules, EXCEPT for Castle Whiterock, which has its own forum.

Moderators: DJ LaBoss, finarvyn, Harley Stroh

Chairman7w
Ill-Fated Peasant

Underwater Casting in Bloody Jacks?

Post by Chairman7w »

In the Bloody Jack's Gold adventure, there's a sidebar about Underwater Combat, and it mentions that Spells with Verbal Components are unusable.

Is this an actual rule? I don't see anything in the DMG about it, and we have allowed them in the past, in our campaign.

I DO like that rule though, but unless it's an official WOTC rule, we usually don't allow it. Anyone know of this as an "official" rule?
Gentlegamer
Far-Sighted Wanderer

Post by Gentlegamer »

The rule of the game is what the Game Master says it is.

How can you play Dungeon Crawl Classics and be slaves to the "official RAW" . . . ?

Let the preface to the AD&D Dugneon Masters Guide be your guide:

The Dungeon Master is the final arbitrator of his or her campaign.

Now THAT'S old school!
JoeCrow
Far-Sighted Wanderer

Post by JoeCrow »

Sorry it took me a while to get to this, man. I've had a busy month. The underwater rules are from Mongoose's Seas of Blood book, which at the time was the only source of underwater combat rules I could find. I stuck a short excerpt covering the stuff I thought might come up in a sidebar for the GM. Fairly solid ruleset, I thought, which is why I used it instead of making up my own.

More importantly, did you enjoy the adventure? :D
Chairman7w
Ill-Fated Peasant

Post by Chairman7w »

Hi - thanks for answering!

I haven't played it yet, but looking forward to playing it one day. My current group played Curse of the Emerald Cobra, (AND the adventure in Dead Man's Chest) and there's only so much jungle island stuff they an do before they stick me in the heart with a shenk.

I haven't decided whether or not to run this group through it. Probably not. Maybe the next group.

I guess I'll ask the group which underwater rule they would prefer and put it to a vote

Return to “DCC Modules - 3E”