DCC#10 and DCC#25

A forum for discussing the many DCC modules published under third edition rules, EXCEPT for Castle Whiterock, which has its own forum.

Moderators: DJ LaBoss, finarvyn, Harley Stroh

DitheringFool
Far-Sighted Wanderer

DCC#10 and DCC#25

Post by DitheringFool »

First off I want to say how much I love DCC#10 The Sunless Garden - I purchased the PDF over the holidays and I can't wait to run it. I even turned around and purchased the Complete Guide to Treants just for an added kick!

That said, I'm a huge fan of the Aboleth and so I'm really looking forward to DCC#25 The Dread Crypt of Srihoz - given the descritpion (vampire) and the front cover (aboleth) I can only hope...
goodmangames
Cold-Hearted Immortal

Re: DCC#10 and DCC#25

Post by goodmangames »

DitheringFool wrote:First off I want to say how much I love DCC#10 The Sunless Garden - I purchased the PDF over the holidays and I can't wait to run it. I even turned around and purchased the Complete Guide to Treants just for an added kick!
Yeah, Sunless Garden is a fun adventure. If you enjoy it, you might also want to check out some of Brendan LaSalle's other work. He wrote XCrawl, among other things (http://www.pandahead.com/Xcrawl/index.php). And he's got more DCC's on the way -- including an awesome epic level DCC coming out later this year!
DitheringFool wrote:That said, I'm a huge fan of the Aboleth and so I'm really looking forward to DCC#25 The Dread Crypt of Srihoz - given the descritpion (vampire) and the front cover (aboleth) I can only hope...
Don't worry... you won't be disappointed. :)
Joseph Goodman
Goodman Games
www.goodman-games.com
Gentlegamer
Far-Sighted Wanderer

Post by Gentlegamer »

I have the Sunless Garden, too and it is really good.

One nitpick, though: this module, and several others in the DCCs, seem to too often use Bugbears as the featured humanoid.
goodmangames
Cold-Hearted Immortal

Post by goodmangames »

That's an interesting comment about the bugbears. The proposals I get often go through cycles. For example, I once got three proposals featuring lighthouses in a one-month span. (One of these became DCC #7: The Secret of Smuggler's Cove.) Fiendish creatures were en vogue for a while, as were bugbears. To resolve this I've banned certain creatures from upcoming DCC's. With rare exceptions, only when it's really appropriate, you won't see stirges, darkmantles, fiends or half-fiends, and an assortment of other creatures, because I felt they were getting overused. Maybe it's time to add bugbears to the list. =)
Joseph Goodman
Goodman Games
www.goodman-games.com
JediOre
Cold-Hearted Immortal

Post by JediOre »

Man, I like bugbears.

I wish more modules used goblins, orcs, hobgoblins, ogres, kobolds, bugbears, and xvarts.

They are the more common vermin in the standard fantasy game & they should be used more often.

Return to “DCC Modules - 3E”