The renovation of DCC #21

A forum for discussing the many DCC modules published under third edition rules, EXCEPT for Castle Whiterock, which has its own forum.

Moderators: DJ LaBoss, finarvyn, Harley Stroh

Uratoh
Far-Sighted Wanderer

The renovation of DCC #21

Post by Uratoh »

Not saying it needs any work, its fine as it is, but my Players are tired of me running more DCCs than my own stuff, so as I'd already written Stozari into my campaign, I'm going to heavily revise #21 so they wont complain as much when I use #22.

Stozari herself has the least change...she's changing from a NE druid to a NE cleric of, appropriately, the NE Water Goddess that is in my campaign world, with Water and Destruction domains.
The PCs will get the first hints of her existance when the Sahuagin begin raising their tributes of nearby towns. For hundreds of years they've had a protection racket, being paid tribute in exchange for protection, from both themselves and pirates and raiders. As a result, the coastal towns have been very profitable with safe waters. Now the taxes are increasing...Stozari's stumbled in on them and wants a share of the take. a BIG one. If the PCs can find out whats going on without doing serious damage to the sahuagin power structure, they'll get help in the form of a Sahuagin strike team with some of the king's best men to help them when the Juggernaut shows up...one of those 'We made a pact to protect these waters...and now, we will uphold it!' kind of raspy speeches. Ah, LE creatures are fun.
Her castle will likely have its # of encounters reduced, while the existing ones will be slightly tougher. I like the castles design and dont want to cut it out, just have fewer fights, as the players dislike constant 'annoyance' fights as it were.
ChristinaStiles
Wild-Eyed Zealot

Changes

Post by ChristinaStiles »

The changes sounded very suitable. Did you get to run the adventure. If so, how did it go?
Christina Stiles
DCC #21 Assault on Stormbringer Castle, DCC #22 The Stormbringer Juggernaut, DCC #49: Palace in the Wastes; Dragonmech: The Last City, 2nd Age of Walkers, Steam Warriors

Return to “DCC Modules - 3E”