Yes I'm a boring rulesmonger

A forum for discussing the many DCC modules published under third edition rules, EXCEPT for Castle Whiterock, which has its own forum.

Moderators: DJ LaBoss, finarvyn, Harley Stroh

fonkin
Wild-Eyed Zealot

Yes I'm a boring rulesmonger

Post by fonkin »

Hey, I've noticed in several of your adventures that some NPCs (particularly the non-Core PC races) don't quite jive with the character creation rules.

For example, looking at Shae'mae the locathah druid from DCC#7, her saves should be a bit buffier (is that a word?) and her skills should be toned down a bit due to having two initial levels of humanoid.

The same is true for Pomatomus, the locathah barbarian and Tusk the gnoll ranger. All of them are >1 hit dice critters with class levels. In such cases they should be getting skills/saves/attacks of their creature type for their first (and greater) base levels, in this case: humanoid.

So there. Was this intentional ( I mean why bother with SKILLS, they're NPCS who are there to be KILLED, right? :wink: ) or accidental? Just wondering.
goodmangames
Cold-Hearted Immortal

Post by goodmangames »

I haven't double checked the two in question, but in general, anything like this would be accidental. We're not intentionally trying to make the NPCs easy to kill. :)
Joseph Goodman
Goodman Games
www.goodman-games.com

Return to “DCC Modules - 3E”