DCCs for Three Players?

A forum for discussing the many DCC modules published under third edition rules, EXCEPT for Castle Whiterock, which has its own forum.

Moderators: DJ LaBoss, finarvyn, Harley Stroh

Eberk_TehGimp
Gongfarmer

DCCs for Three Players?

Post by Eberk_TehGimp »

Alright, just recently I figured I would give DMing a shot. The old group I was a part of slowly fell apart (DM was out of town weeks at a time and/or doing other things and didn't have time to play). Since this will be the first time I have ever even attempted to DM I figured I would start with a small game that just consisted of my girlfriend, her brother, my brother and of course me. But now here is the problem I ran into. This weekend I went down to one of the local shops and picked up a couple DCCs, they were: DCC #10: The Sunless Garden and #17: Legacy of the Savage Kings. After looking at them though, they are bother for four to six players, and I only have three. So now its back to my main question, are there and DCCs that are ment for atleast three players? Or does anyone have any other ideas for me? Any feedback would be a great help. :)
Flongos
Ill-Fated Peasant

Post by Flongos »

Have a couple of NPCs (which you control) tag along, preferably henchmen types who will fight for their share of loot but who don't make important decisions. You can give them a simple personality characteristic or two (a dwarf who distrusts elves, an arrogant mage) and play them pretty easily. As an added bonus, the NPCs are highly expendable, and the players won't feel as bad when they die as when their own characters get killed. Of course, if some players abuse them by pushing the henchmen into dire circumstances, you have to take alignment into account and perhaps issues punishments as needed. If the party gets a bad reputation, it might be hard to get merchants to deal with them or to hire "replacements," of course.

Hopefully, you can get another player or two and minimize the use of NPC party members in the future.
JediOre
Cold-Hearted Immortal

Post by JediOre »

I'd suggest allowing each person to run two PCs as an option.

Also, read this thread as it might give you some other ideas:

http://www.goodman-games.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=390

Good luck.
Eberk_TehGimp
Gongfarmer

Post by Eberk_TehGimp »

Kewl, thanks for the help (didn't even look at the next page of the DCC)... haha :lol:

Return to “DCC Modules - 3E”