Latest 'DCC World' wackyness...

A forum for discussing the many DCC modules published under third edition rules, EXCEPT for Castle Whiterock, which has its own forum.

Moderators: DJ LaBoss, finarvyn, Harley Stroh

Uratoh
Far-Sighted Wanderer

Latest 'DCC World' wackyness...

Post by Uratoh »

In the game I'm running, which involves a fair number of DCC module areas, the PCs recently went to the sinking tower of the 'Dungeon Interludes' module, and faced down Tarfoot the dragon. At 17 HP he begged for his life...and to his (and my) surprise, the PCs not only spared him, let him keep his horde, but also invited him to move into some caverns beneath their home (Level -2 of the Mysterious Tower). They're even paying him to live there for the intimidation factor.

I'm debating exactly how CE he is...he was hatched by a LE gnome wizard, raised for a few years, then left in a sinking tower. He certainly hasnt had a traditional black dragon upbringing.
goodmangames
Cold-Hearted Immortal

Post by goodmangames »

That's hilarious!

In my home campaign the PCs left the genie from the Mysterious Tower alive and called him their "roommate"... this sounds ridiculously similar in a very funny way. :)
Joseph Goodman
Goodman Games
www.goodman-games.com
Uratoh
Far-Sighted Wanderer

Post by Uratoh »

In mine, I decided, well, he's assigned to serve for 1001 years. It's been 1000. The PCs waited, even threw him a going away party ^_^ Honestly, with the wizard THAT long dead, he just didnt care about the treasure anymore, but a deal's a deal.
Harley Stroh
Cold-Hearted Immortal

Post by Harley Stroh »

Uratoh wrote:In mine, I decided, well, he's assigned to serve for 1001 years. It's been 1000. The PCs waited, even threw him a going away party ^_^
Your group is just too damn funny. Laughing that hard makes my stomach hurt.
The lucky guy who got to write some Dungeon Crawl Classics.

DCC Resource thread: character sheets, judge tools, and the world's fastest 0-level party creator.
Uratoh
Far-Sighted Wanderer

Post by Uratoh »

oi, remembered one problem we had with the mysterious tower...

The 'Wight Knight', horrible pun by the way, was buried with a solid gold breastplate weighing 30 lbs. Assuming it is solid gold, 30 lbs of just gold is worth 1500 gp by the 'weight of money' listings, but the breastplate is valued at 500 gp in the module.
goodmangames
Cold-Hearted Immortal

Post by goodmangames »

Uh, it was an out of fashion breast plate. You know, wide lapels. Not worth much by the time it was dug up.
Joseph Goodman
Goodman Games
www.goodman-games.com
Harley Stroh
Cold-Hearted Immortal

Post by Harley Stroh »

Only worth its full value if sold to a disco aficionado. But it grants a +2 competency bonus to dance related perform checks.
The lucky guy who got to write some Dungeon Crawl Classics.

DCC Resource thread: character sheets, judge tools, and the world's fastest 0-level party creator.
Flongos
Ill-Fated Peasant

Post by Flongos »

It could be a life-altering experience for Tarfoot. He's probably never been shown mercy before.

Return to “DCC Modules - 3E”