The best adventure to use with Crown of the Shadow(Midnight)

A forum for discussing the many DCC modules published under third edition rules, EXCEPT for Castle Whiterock, which has its own forum.

Moderators: DJ LaBoss, finarvyn, Harley Stroh

Lou
Ill-Fated Peasant

The best adventure to use with Crown of the Shadow(Midnight)

Post by Lou »

Hi,

I' m new on the board and I need your help. I'm preparing the adventure Crown of the Shadow for the Midnight campaing setting. In this adventure the PC are force to enter a ancient dwarwen stronghold. Some dwarfs are living in this stronghold as well as an orc garnisson. The PC must explore and find the dwarfs.

I was wondering if there is a DCC that can be use in this situation. If there is something else than orc as ennemy it's not a problem. I not afraid to make some change.

Thanks

p.s. : for those of us that don't know Midnight, Midnight is a campaing setting where the force of evil have won and are in ruling the world. The PC are fighting to restore the power of good. It's a low magic setting.
JediOre
Cold-Hearted Immortal

Post by JediOre »

I'm not at all familiar with the products mentioned, so forgive my ignorance.

Perhaps DCC #8: "Mysteries of the Drow" for levels 7-9 could be used if this dwarven stronghold is large and burrows deep into a mountian. You could replace the deep gnomes with dwarves.

Hopefully someone with more knowledge can help you out.

By the way, what levels are the characters?
Lou
Ill-Fated Peasant

Post by Lou »

Low level. About level 3 I think.
Uratoh
Far-Sighted Wanderer

Post by Uratoh »

If you're up for tweaking to increase difficulty, try the Lost Vault of Tsathzar Rho, DCC #2. It's a twisted disturbing dungeon, with 'great evil looming' overtones. Area 3-1 is normally a breeding chamber for unholy horrors, the victims far too gone to save, but perhaps in your case the Dwarves could be only just recently imprisoned inside, and rescueable.
JediOre
Cold-Hearted Immortal

Post by JediOre »

DCC#2 would do nicely. Especially if you substituted orcs for the kolbolds.
Uratoh
Far-Sighted Wanderer

Post by Uratoh »

ya...considering it only needs a BIT of an up-kick in difficulty, just changing the race of all the kobolds (and possibly derro, possibly not) to orcs would do just fine. Maybe advance Roe a HD in Abberation, maybe not.
goodmangames
Cold-Hearted Immortal

Post by goodmangames »

One other thing that might help: there's a page on our web site that sorts all the DCC's by level and summarizes the dangers of each. You can find it by clicking on the DCC logo on the front page of the web site, or going here:

http://www.goodmangames.com/DCCpreview.php
Joseph Goodman
Goodman Games
www.goodman-games.com
Lou
Ill-Fated Peasant

Post by Lou »

Thanks gang !

I rapidly check the preview of the 2 adventures. I think the 2 modules can do the job. I really appreciate the idea that the underdark is like a small world in the DCC #8. But I think the DCC #2 seem more easy to change to fit my need (replace the kobolds with orcs). I will check the 2 preview in more detail and come back with question...

Thanks

Return to “DCC Modules - 3E”