DCC #3 Mysterious Tower

A forum for discussing the many DCC modules published under third edition rules, EXCEPT for Castle Whiterock, which has its own forum.

Moderators: DJ LaBoss, finarvyn, Harley Stroh

eleran
Far-Sighted Wanderer

DCC #3 Mysterious Tower

Post by eleran »

I recently purchased DCC #3 on PDF. I have read thru it once and am going to be running it soon. Something seems to be missing though. The wooden sword. The blurb about it says it weighs 3 pounds, is inflammable and reacts in all ways as a metal +2 Longsword. And that it is a powerful magic item whos properties become apparent to whomever wields it in combat. Thats great, but it never outlines those properties. Am I missing something or is this an oversight?
Uratoh
Far-Sighted Wanderer

Post by Uratoh »

Its properties are essentially while looking like a child's toy, it has excellent balance and functions as a +2 Ironwood Longsword, and the Ironwood's permanant.

If you want to go with the 'powerful' thing beyond the fact that items like that dont even normally exist, pick up Weapons of Legacy, make it a Legacy weapon with feats related to the meek god, and have it start as +1 ironwood.
goodmangames
Cold-Hearted Immortal

Post by goodmangames »

Like Uratoh said, the "powerful" is in reference to the listed powers. I guess one man's "powerful" is another man's "pretty good." :)
Joseph Goodman
Goodman Games
www.goodman-games.com

Return to “DCC Modules - 3E”