3.x/OGL DCCs and C&C after 4e

A forum for discussing the many DCC modules published under third edition rules, EXCEPT for Castle Whiterock, which has its own forum.

Moderators: DJ LaBoss, finarvyn, Harley Stroh

Black Dougal
Deft-Handed Cutpurse
FLGS: Total Escape Games, Broomfield CO

3.x/OGL DCCs and C&C after 4e

Post by Black Dougal »

I have heard rumors and seen some speculation on this and other forums, however, I would like to hear an official response.

Since the new DCC modules will be published under 4e and the GSL, will Goodman Games still be able to port existing 3.x/OGL DCC modules to Castles & Crusades? Also, will Goodman still be able to publish new content (like GG2: Palace of Shadows) for C&C? Or, does Goodman Games intend to abandon its C&C product line?

Thank you.
"The Black Dougal" (formerly known as dkeester) -- DCCRPG Fan Boy since 2010
DCCRPG PC Death Toll: 25

DCCRPG Playtests: Tacticon 2010, GenghisCon 2011, Tacticon 2011, GenghisCon 2012
Member: The DCC Expendables (Denver, CO)

Doug may very well hold the dubious title of “most DCC RPG PCs lost during the course of convention play.”
--Harley Stroh
goodmangames
Cold-Hearted Immortal

Re: 3.x/OGL DCCs and C&C after 4e

Post by goodmangames »

We have no plans to abandon C&C support. Why assume that our C&C support has to be limited to converted DCC modules? :) We'll be focusing on 4E for a while, but we have been discussing some very interesting ideas for C&C that may come to fruition next year.
Joseph Goodman
Goodman Games
www.goodman-games.com
Black Dougal
Deft-Handed Cutpurse
FLGS: Total Escape Games, Broomfield CO

Post by Black Dougal »

Great. :-)

I appreciate the response.

I really enjoy your products and am excited that you have plans for more C&C material. Now I just have to have a little bit of patience.

Thank you.
"The Black Dougal" (formerly known as dkeester) -- DCCRPG Fan Boy since 2010
DCCRPG PC Death Toll: 25

DCCRPG Playtests: Tacticon 2010, GenghisCon 2011, Tacticon 2011, GenghisCon 2012
Member: The DCC Expendables (Denver, CO)

Doug may very well hold the dubious title of “most DCC RPG PCs lost during the course of convention play.”
--Harley Stroh
frank5471uk
Wild-Eyed Zealot

Post by frank5471uk »

goodmangames wrote:We have no plans to abandon C&C support. Why assume that our C&C support has to be limited to converted DCC modules? :) We'll be focusing on 4E for a while, but we have been discussing some very interesting ideas for C&C that may come to fruition next year.
Joseph

On a similar note, do you have any plans to convert (or even allow the posting of fan conversions of) 3.5ed DCCs to 4e ?

Frank
There are 10 types of people in the world. Those that understand binary and those that don't.
goodmangames
Cold-Hearted Immortal

Post by goodmangames »

Yes, we're looking at options to make the 3.5 DCC's still available under 4E rules. We originally planned to convert the 3E modules via downloadable conversion documents, so you could buy DCC #1 at your local store then download the file to get the 4E stats. That unfortunately won't be feasible under the new guidelines for 4E products. But there are some other possibilities, like releasing new print versions that are overhauled to 4E. Nothing's final yet, but that's where we're leaning now.
Joseph Goodman
Goodman Games
www.goodman-games.com
GnomeBoy
Tyrant Master (Administrator)
FLGS: Bizarro World

Post by GnomeBoy »

Ah, cool! So we may see 1.4, 18.4, 23.4, 27.4, 28.4, 51.5.4, etc

(those just happen to be the top of my curent wish list :mrgreen: )
Gnome Boy • DCC playtester @ DDC 35 Feb '11. • Beta DL 2111, 7AM PT, 8 June 11.
Playing RPGs since '77 • Quasi-occasional member of the Legion of 8th-Level Fighters.

Link: Here Be 100+ DCC Monsters

bygrinstow.com - The Home of Inner Ham

Return to “DCC Modules - 3E”