What Dungeon Crawl Classics modules have monsters from D & D

A forum for discussing the many DCC modules published under third edition rules, EXCEPT for Castle Whiterock, which has its own forum.

Moderators: DJ LaBoss, finarvyn, Harley Stroh

chingdog
Ill-Fated Peasant
FLGS: keep

What Dungeon Crawl Classics modules have monsters from D & D

Post by chingdog »

Hi, I was thinking about purchasing some of the Dungeon Crawl Classics modules between 1 and 52. I am a fan of the classic AD & D modules such as Against The Giants, Keep on Borderlands, and Ghost Tower of Inverness. My question is...which of the DCC modules contain the most old school 1st edition monsters in them? Stuff like Umber Hulks, Owlbears, Mind Flayers, Xorn, Trolls, and such? The only two I own are #6 Temple of the Dragon Cult which I liked for the most part....and # 30 Vault of the Dragon Kings which I was not all that happy with. Vault of the Dragon Kings was a solid adventure with some nice touches but almost all the creatures were new monsters or variations of some old creatures. Any help would be GREATLY appreciated if you could refer maybe the top 4 or 5 modules that would fit what I am looking for...Thanks! :)
Murlynd
Far-Sighted Wanderer

Re: What Dungeon Crawl Classics modules have monsters from D

Post by Murlynd »

I looked through a big stack here, which I was wanting to look over to pull a couple anyway for other games. These are the ones that are made up of mostly standard monsters used ingeniously. If there are unique monsters in them, only one (boss) or just a couple of variants.

DCC0 Legends are Made, not Born
DCC1 Idylls of the Rat King
DCC2 Lost Vault of Tsathzar
DCC5 Aerie of the Crow God
DCC6 Temple of the Dragon Cult
DCC7 Secret of Smuggler's Cove
DCC8 Mysteries of the Drow
DCC10 The Sunless Garden
DCC11 Dragonfiend Pact
DCC12 The Blackguard's Revenge
DCC17 Legacy of the Savage Kings
DCC17.5 War of the Witch Queen
DCC27 Revenge of the Rat King
DCC28 Into the Wilds
DCC31 The Transmuter's Last Touch
DCC35A Hall of the Minotaur
DCC35B The Thief Lord's Vault
DCC37 The Slithering Overlord
DCC39 The Ruins of Castle Churo
DCC40 Devil in the Mists
DCC41 Lost Arrows of Aristemis
DCC51 Castle Whiterock
chingdog
Ill-Fated Peasant
FLGS: keep

Post by chingdog »

I really appreciate the list! Thanks :)
Murlynd
Far-Sighted Wanderer

Post by Murlynd »

Glad to offer them. Your question got me to review those older adventures for use under various other games. Something I like to do is pull items far and near from the same author and bring them into a campaign. I see it as sort of like having a co-ref.

Return to “DCC Modules - 3E”