Dagger of Returning (citation help)

A forum for discussing the many DCC modules published under third edition rules, EXCEPT for Castle Whiterock, which has its own forum.

Moderators: DJ LaBoss, finarvyn, Harley Stroh

welland_warrior
Wild-Eyed Zealot

Dagger of Returning (citation help)

Post by welland_warrior »

Hi there,

I have looked and looked for a citation that explains the "Dagger of Distance" found in the DC29 Fate of the Vigilant. Can someone please throw me a bone as to where I can find the information for that magic item? I've exhausted my options. Thanks!
Jengenritz
Steely-Eyed Heathen-Slayer

Post by Jengenritz »

No problem...I wrote that one.

Distance is in your DMG, in the section on magic weapons, under magic weapon special ability descriptions.

"Distance" is a special ability that can be applied to any magic ranged weapon. It doubles the range increment of a weapon.

In the case of a dagger, it doubles its thrown range increment from 10 feet to 20 feet.

Basically, it just makes it a better throwing dagger.

Any other questions, let 'em rip!
Co-Author: The Almanac of the Endless Traders, DCC #13, DCC #29, DCC #49, DCC #51, DCC #52, DCC #63

Author: DCC #55: Isle of the Sea Drake, DCC #61: Citadel of the Corruptor, more to come....
welland_warrior
Wild-Eyed Zealot

Ok, I checked there but must have totally read over it. Thank you!

We are playing the old 0-level module Treasure Hunt (converted 3.5, we like the idea of a true zero level rather than first level npc suggested in some DCCs) and I was looking for a naval encounter/brief adventure prior to reaching land and continuing with a first level DCC of some sort.

Thanks!
Jengenritz
Steely-Eyed Heathen-Slayer

Post by Jengenritz »

Sweet! I hope Fate fits the bill for your party, and your group enjoys it!
Co-Author: The Almanac of the Endless Traders, DCC #13, DCC #29, DCC #49, DCC #51, DCC #52, DCC #63

Author: DCC #55: Isle of the Sea Drake, DCC #61: Citadel of the Corruptor, more to come....
Papa-DRB
Ill-Fated Peasant

Post by Papa-DRB »

welland_warrior wrote: We are playing the old 0-level module Treasure Hunt (converted 3.5, we like the idea of a true zero level rather than first level npc suggested in some DCCs)[snip]
Oooohh. I have that module, 1 of the few that I saved along with Under Ilefarn from my old DnD stuff. Is the conversion posted online somewhere? I have been thinking about starting up an online group to play and I really like that one

-- david
welland_warrior
Wild-Eyed Zealot

Not that I have seen.

The encounters are pretty easy to convert as the majority are orcs and goblins.

We did tweak the rules in Treasure Hunt for starting at zero level. Not much, but just slightly. I gave the players one option from the profession or crafting skills to represent the life they had before they were enslaved at least one has to take sailor). Other than that we wanted painfully, painfully, disadvantaged commoners - there's something really fun about that idea!

I also entended the time they were on the slave ship to several years, all chained to their oars in a galley-style ship. At this point they have no idea whatsoever where they are, and at least one of the PCs will have lost their memory. While two others will likely be related and were captured together. This should make for a more interesting party dynamic and we can unfold story-lines as we go along. We also tweaked the weapon usage slightly and the god figure.

I've been reading the excellent posting on the Whiterock Campaign and thought that perhaps the connection to slavers might work into that senario well. Just one idea among many at this point.

Return to “DCC Modules - 3E”