Dungeon Crawl Classics #14: Dungeon Interludes

A forum for discussing the many DCC modules published under third edition rules, EXCEPT for Castle Whiterock, which has its own forum.

Moderators: DJ LaBoss, finarvyn, Harley Stroh

Crazyjose
Far-Sighted Wanderer

Dungeon Crawl Classics #14: Dungeon Interludes

Post by Crazyjose »

I know this is coming soon but I'm looking forward to seeing any artwork from this. :D
ynnen
Hard-Bitten Adventurer

Post by ynnen »

As the writer of DCC 14, I'm also really looking forward to the art! It was a lot of fun to write, and was neat to submit some ideas for what I thought would make interesting scenes for the art... And even though I know the adventure by heart, I can't wait to crack this open the first time and thumb through the great art and maps!!
Crypt of the Devil Lich, Dungeon Interludes, The Mask of Death, Adventure Begins, Vault of the Dragon Kings, the Power Gamers Wizard Strategy Guide, The Adventure Continues, Palace in the Wastes and PhoenixCrawl Open
Crazyjose
Far-Sighted Wanderer

Post by Crazyjose »

Wow, thanks for responding ynnen.
If a writer is looking forward to it, I can't wait also. When is the release date?
goodmangames
Cold-Hearted Immortal

Post by goodmangames »

DCC #14 should be available in early March. The delay is (strangely) due to DCC #13, which was printed overseas and is still clearing customs. I don't want #14 to show up in stores before #13! Hopefully it will be out of customs soon and on the way to game stores everywhere.
Joseph Goodman
Goodman Games
www.goodman-games.com
Dee
Far-Sighted Wanderer

DCC 14

Post by Dee »

Will these stiill be sold through RPGNow or will they only be through DTRPG?

I buy PDF DCC's whenever possible--i.e. #3.5 & #4.5 and now #0 not available as such, yet.
ynnen
Hard-Bitten Adventurer

Post by ynnen »

WOW! I got a sneak peak at the module and was really impressed with the art work. The player handouts really fit with my vision of how the different scenes would look, and the art is top notch. I provided a few short descriptions and a couple scribbled sketches, and the end result is fabulous.

I can't wait to show all the playtesters the art work so they can compare their mental imagery with the artwork -- "Oh, we got killed by that? Somehow I thought he'd be taller..." :)
Crypt of the Devil Lich, Dungeon Interludes, The Mask of Death, Adventure Begins, Vault of the Dragon Kings, the Power Gamers Wizard Strategy Guide, The Adventure Continues, Palace in the Wastes and PhoenixCrawl Open
goodmangames
Cold-Hearted Immortal

Re: DCC 14

Post by goodmangames »

Dee wrote:Will these stiill be sold through RPGNow or will they only be through DTRPG?
They'll be available through both RPGNow and DTRPG.
Joseph Goodman
Goodman Games
www.goodman-games.com
goodmangames
Cold-Hearted Immortal

Post by goodmangames »

ynnen wrote:I can't wait to show all the playtesters the art work so they can compare their mental imagery with the artwork -- "Oh, we got killed by that? Somehow I thought he'd be taller..." :)
That's pretty funny. It's definitely different playing with handouts and without. Strangely, I don't think I've ever actually played a DCC with handouts! I always play at the beginning stages before the art is done. Weird...
Joseph Goodman
Goodman Games
www.goodman-games.com
kenwig
Far-Sighted Wanderer

Re: DCC 14

Post by kenwig »

Dee wrote:Will these stiill be sold through RPGNow or will they only be through DTRPG?

I buy PDF DCC's whenever possible--i.e. #3.5 & #4.5 and now #0 not available as such, yet.
HOLY COW! What is 4.5?
Dee
Far-Sighted Wanderer

Post by Dee »

DCC #4.5 was published in EnWorld Player's Journal #4.
It's entitled: My Friend the Formian.
Length is 5 pages. Think of it as a Mini-DCC.

Also see here for complete listings of issue:
http://www.goodman-games.com/9004preview.php
kenwig
Far-Sighted Wanderer

Post by kenwig »

Thanks for the info... I'm getting old and slow!
Jon_Potter
Ill-Fated Peasant

Yeah... But when does it come out?

Post by Jon_Potter »

I've had this on reserve/special order at my FLGS since I first heard about it.

I'm very interested in using this (and two similarly designed modules from Eden Odyssey) in my next campaign. As soon as I get my hands on it I can kill off the existing PCs and reboot the campaign. ;)
goodmangames
Cold-Hearted Immortal

Re: Yeah... But when does it come out?

Post by goodmangames »

Jon_Potter wrote:I'm very interested in using this (and two similarly designed modules from Eden Odyssey) in my next campaign. As soon as I get my hands on it I can kill off the existing PCs and reboot the campaign. ;)
Har har! That's what the DCC's are all about. :)
Joseph Goodman
Goodman Games
www.goodman-games.com
Jon_Potter
Ill-Fated Peasant

Post by Jon_Potter »

So when can I expect a call from my FLGS telling me that it's in?
goodmangames
Cold-Hearted Immortal

Post by goodmangames »

Jon_Potter wrote:So when can I expect a call from my FLGS telling me that it's in?
It's shipping to distributors now, and should be in stores the week of the 21st.
Joseph Goodman
Goodman Games
www.goodman-games.com
arandall
Ill-Fated Peasant

Post by arandall »

Perfect timing :)

My group should be just finishing Lost Vault then.

*grin*
Crazyjose
Far-Sighted Wanderer

Post by Crazyjose »

Sounds great and can't wait to get it.
ynnen
Hard-Bitten Adventurer

Post by ynnen »

It's out now and should be available at your favorite hobby shop. I have to say, I'm very pleased with how the art, maps and handouts turned out, and hope everyone who picks up a copy has many fun game sessions with the adventure!

I had a lot of fun writing the interlinked stories, and will be glad to answer any questions you might have about the module.

Return to “DCC Modules - 3E”