Bits of praise . . .

A forum for discussing the many DCC modules published under third edition rules, EXCEPT for Castle Whiterock, which has its own forum.

Moderators: DJ LaBoss, finarvyn, Harley Stroh

Jack Spartan
Ill-Fated Peasant

Bits of praise . . .

Post by Jack Spartan »

I'm sure it's been said (and re-said), but you can't have too much of a good thing . . .

I just received my copies of DCC # 39 (the DM screens) and the Saga of the Dragon Cult and WOW!!! Talk about value!

To whoever thought of including the special attack rules (i.e. grappling) on the screens, that was simply brilliant. Few things have slowed my games down as much as interrupting combat to thumb through my poor, worn PHB in search of the sequence of actions for bullrushes and overruns. Now I can sit behind the screen and fool players into thinking that I have everything memorized!

As for the adventures, the old-school dungeon crawl flavor is superb as usual. If you're wandering through these forums wondering if you really want to spend your money on the DCC line, quit wondering and do it!

Are there plans to create any more multiple-module boxed sets like the Saga of the Dragon Cult?
I'm always looking to meet new gamers in West Central Florida (especially West Pasco)!
goodmangames
Cold-Hearted Immortal

Post by goodmangames »

Glad you like them! Todd Rooks designed the DM screen, and after seeing the prototype one year at the Gen Con DCC tournament we all agreed it was awesome. We don't have plans for more multi-module boxed sets during the interregnum between 3E and 4E, but it's definitely under consideration for the future.
Joseph Goodman
Goodman Games
www.goodman-games.com
Treebore
Cold-Blooded Diabolist

Post by Treebore »

I agree the screen is very nicely done. I haven't bought the boxed set, but I may some day.
Castles and Crusades is my game of choice!
Ogrepuppy
Tight-Lipped Warlock

Post by Ogrepuppy »

goodmangames wrote:it's definitely under consideration for the future.
When I read this, I heaved a huge sigh of relief. I have my fingers crossed.

...Although I'm pretty sure I heard my wallet whimper in pain...
CharlieRock
Deft-Handed Cutpurse

Post by CharlieRock »

Saga of the dragon cult was a boxed set?! :!:

"Honey, you know that show you wanted to see ... "

Return to “DCC Modules - 3E”