Chronicle of the Fiend sounds AWESOME

A forum for discussing the many DCC modules published under third edition rules, EXCEPT for Castle Whiterock, which has its own forum.

Moderators: DJ LaBoss, finarvyn, Harley Stroh

Whizbang Dustyboots
Far-Sighted Wanderer

Chronicle of the Fiend sounds AWESOME

Post by Whizbang Dustyboots »

Wow, I never thought I'd be plundering a tournament module for my campaign -- as opposed to punishing my players with one :twisted: -- but Chronicle of the Fiend sounds perfect for my Ptolus campaign featuring the much-abused apprentices of an evoker.

Since this was the GenCon tournament module, anyone want to spoil me, in broad strokes, as to what the three adventures entail? This, plus the Game Mechanics' due-any-day-now Arcane Quarter sound like they'll take care of my Vock Row campaign indefinitely. (And that's appropriate, since they're going through a Ptolusized Transmuter's Last Touch right now.)
joela
Deft-Handed Cutpurse

Re: Chronicle of the Fiend sounds AWESOME

Post by joela »

Whizbang Dustyboots wrote:-- but Chronicle of the Fiend sounds perfect for my Ptolus campaign featuring the much-abused apprentices of an evoker.

Since this was the GenCon tournament module, anyone want to spoil me, in broad strokes, as to what the three adventures entail?
I agree. I just read the link to the upcoming module and thought that would be a GREAT add-on to my Eberron campaign.
What do you mean no?
fathead
Cold-Blooded Diabolist

Post by fathead »

The module has a humble beginning - 0th level characters search for their missing mentor and hedge wizard, Teoman of Ocek. Teoman's home is burned to the ground, and a trail of blood leads to a strange delapidated keep deep in the forest (the PCs don't remember the keep being there).

The module has 3 parts (set at different levels, so that they unfold as the campaign continues), and culminates with armies waging an epic battle outside of a floating citadel, which the PCs must enter to confront their old nemesis.

I really enjoyed this adventure, and I think your players will appreciate the continuity. Plus, since this was the DCC tournament for this year, there will be maps, artfully rendered by Superfan. The maps were just...creepy. For the 0th level adventure, they explore the mysterious delapidated keep in the forest. For the final adventure, the citadel will be both familiar and demonically altered...good stuff.

If you have questions, fire away. I'll try to answer as best I can.
Dark Oracle of Gaming
joela
Deft-Handed Cutpurse

How?

Post by joela »

fathead wrote: If you have questions, fire away. I'll try to answer as best I can.
Dan,

Thanks. Did you run/play it at the tournament? Or get an early copy? I don't see your name as the author or playtester and it's not scheduled to be released until next December.
What do you mean no?
fathead
Cold-Blooded Diabolist

Re: How?

Post by fathead »

joela wrote:
fathead wrote: If you have questions, fire away. I'll try to answer as best I can.
Dan,

Thanks. Did you run/play it at the tournament? Or get an early copy? I don't see your name as the author or playtester and it's not scheduled to be released until next December.
Yep, I played in the GenCon tournament this year.

The 0th level adventure was the most challenging round for our group. It requires the players to be more strategic, as one good hit will drop anyone in the party.

You may need to soften the final encounter in round 1 a bit (maybe fudge a couple die rolls)...that would be an awfully anticlimactic way to end a brand new campaign. There weren't many groups that made it past the last encounter...but man...I never thought 0th level would be so heroic. Good stuff.
Dark Oracle of Gaming

Return to “DCC Modules - 3E”