Palace in the Wastes- For sale at Gencon?

A forum for discussing the many DCC modules published under third edition rules, EXCEPT for Castle Whiterock, which has its own forum.

Moderators: DJ LaBoss, finarvyn, Harley Stroh

toad
Far-Sighted Wanderer

Palace in the Wastes- For sale at Gencon?

Post by toad »

I know it says that it will be released in Sept but is there any chance of getting it at Gencon? None of the FLGS carry DCC games so I am trying to get a copy without ordering online.
Jengenritz
Steely-Eyed Heathen-Slayer

Post by Jengenritz »

Hey toad, welcome to the board.

I had heard at one time that Palace was going to make Gen Con, but that may be old information.

The Big Man is the only one that can say for sure, but I'm glad you're interested in the module! Were you one of the tournament participants last year?
Co-Author: The Almanac of the Endless Traders, DCC #13, DCC #29, DCC #49, DCC #51, DCC #52, DCC #63

Author: DCC #55: Isle of the Sea Drake, DCC #61: Citadel of the Corruptor, more to come....
toad
Far-Sighted Wanderer

Post by toad »

Yes, sadly I was.

All I can say is we didn't get last.

I was hoping to get hte module so that I can figure out all the stuff we did wrong, and the stuff we never saw. Stupid golem thing.

Oh well. This year we are back with a vengance and climbing to at least positive point totals!
Jengenritz

Post by Jengenritz »

By "stupid golem thing" you mean the guy on the top of the blocky pyramid?
Yeah, he was pretty killer.

If you've got a hankering to know more about the Palace, there's a spoilers thread here: http://www.goodman-games.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=944

...but I can tell you that even that doesn't get into everything.

And "Good Luck!" this year (but be warned...this tournament is also pretty brutal).
Co-Author: The Almanac of the Endless Traders, DCC #13, DCC #29, DCC #49, DCC #51, DCC #52, DCC #63

Author: DCC #55: Isle of the Sea Drake, DCC #61: Citadel of the Corruptor, more to come....
goodmangames
Cold-Hearted Immortal

Post by goodmangames »

Assuming no printer disasters, yes, DCC #49 will be available at Gen Con.
Joseph Goodman
Goodman Games
www.goodman-games.com
toad
Far-Sighted Wanderer

Post by toad »

Excellent. That is what I was hoping for.

And yes it was the golem guarding the ring. We made it past that room searched around and then decided to go back. It was the last thing we decided to do.
ynnen
Hard-Bitten Adventurer

Post by ynnen »

toad wrote:And yes it was the golem guarding the ring. We made it past that room searched around and then decided to go back. It was the last thing we decided to do.
Hehe.... Ordo the Paragon of Law was one of my contributions to the module. He is beatable - but he is a tough nut to crack. Seeing his stats and tactics from the final module should make the GM cackle with glee and let him inflict all sorts of nasty fun on whatever group he's running through the module.
Crypt of the Devil Lich, Dungeon Interludes, The Mask of Death, Adventure Begins, Vault of the Dragon Kings, the Power Gamers Wizard Strategy Guide, The Adventure Continues, Palace in the Wastes and PhoenixCrawl Open
Jengenritz

Post by Jengenritz »

We made it past that room searched around and then decided to go back. It was the last thing we decided to do.
Hmmm...that sounds familiar...you weren't in the Lords of the Atlas, were you?
He is beatable - but he is a tough nut to crack.
Very, very tough. Ordo was THE bodycount encounter of round 1...which is why he was the guy guarding the Ring of Law.

toad
Far-Sighted Wanderer

Post by toad »

Jengenritz wrote:
We made it past that room searched around and then decided to go back. It was the last thing we decided to do.
Hmmm...that sounds familiar...you weren't in the Lords of the Atlas, were you?

No. I wish we did that good. I was in the second to last group, The Fighting Mongooses (the guy who came up with it said it was a Futurama joke). Being the first year at Gencon for us it was an eyeopener. This year we are back and badder than ever. Fear us, Team... Participation Ribbon!
Jengenritz

Post by Jengenritz »

You heard it here first, folks:

TPR is the team to beat!

toad
Far-Sighted Wanderer

Post by toad »

Or maybe we will go with the super cool name that describes just my kind of dnd.

We are the.... Fast Action Response Team! We see a situation brewing and blow it out of the water with just a little strain!
fathead
Cold-Blooded Diabolist

Post by fathead »

toad wrote: We are the.... Fast Action Response Team! We see a situation brewing and blow it out of the water with just a little strain!
I'd like to request a table...um...far away from toad's team. ;)
Dark Oracle of Gaming
fathead
Cold-Blooded Diabolist

Post by fathead »

goodmangames wrote:Assuming no printer disasters, yes, DCC #49 will be available at Gen Con.
Aww man...you know I won't be able to pass that up. Let's see...Palace in the Waste, Saga of the Witch Queen, Castle Whiterock.

:Fathead breaks open his piggy bank that he has saved since childhood and starts counting

:)
Dark Oracle of Gaming
superfan
Deft-Handed Cutpurse

Post by superfan »

Can't wait for the module to come out!

Joe says he'll post all my Dundjinni maps I created for the tournament when the module is released. You'll be able to find them in Prester's area under freebies.

Some of my better work, so enjoy!!!! Hope you like my maps for this year's tourney as well. I'm mapping like crazy to make the deadline!!!!

Ben "superfan" Waxman
"They Might Be Dwarves" - World Champions Xcrawl 2007. So BAD...but yet so good.
kenwig
Far-Sighted Wanderer

Post by kenwig »

The maps were great last year! I saved them!!!
ynnen
Hard-Bitten Adventurer

Post by ynnen »

Yep. The maps really add an extra level of "oomph" to the whole experience.

I only wish I had the time and resources to either build (or commission) maps for the Xcrawl tournament this year!
Crypt of the Devil Lich, Dungeon Interludes, The Mask of Death, Adventure Begins, Vault of the Dragon Kings, the Power Gamers Wizard Strategy Guide, The Adventure Continues, Palace in the Wastes and PhoenixCrawl Open
N'Haaz-aua
Hard-Bitten Adventurer

Post by N'Haaz-aua »

If any of the teams that advanced last year want my maps, drop me a pm and grab me at the con and ill get them to you.
toad
Far-Sighted Wanderer

Post by toad »

What about teams that didn't advance? I would love to get them, but as has been established my group didn't really "advance" or live for that matter.

Return to “DCC Modules - 3E”