DCC + Dragonmech = Expedition to the Barrier Peaks?

A forum for discussing the many DCC modules published under third edition rules, EXCEPT for Castle Whiterock, which has its own forum.

Moderators: DJ LaBoss, finarvyn, Harley Stroh

Napftor

DCC + Dragonmech = Expedition to the Barrier Peaks?

Post by Napftor »

Well, the title says it all. Can a Dungeon Crawl Classic be suped up with Dragonmech tech to become the 3rd edition Expedition to the Barrier Peaks? As if the DCCs' plots and blue maps weren't enough to satiate everyone's nostalgia, this new tweak to an old classic would be sold-out before it hit the printers!
LVSUBARU
Far-Sighted Wanderer

Post by LVSUBARU »

I plan on intergratting DCC #3: Mysterious Tower into my Dragonmech campaign at sometime. I think that one would fit right in! :D
goodmangames
Cold-Hearted Immortal

Post by goodmangames »

You know, it's funny you say that... DCC #3: The Mysterious Tower was actually written for my DragonMech game. It was a brief interlude type of encounter while they were en route to Edge, after clearing out a mensite mine full of lunar skinstealers. The reason the wizard's tower is encased in an impenetrable force field is because it was originally built to resist the lunar rain. I had to remove some of the background to make it fit into the DCC line, but it's kinda cool that you picked up on how well it fits... because it's supposed to!
Joseph Goodman
Goodman Games
www.goodman-games.com
Reese
Mighty-Thewed Reaver

Post by Reese »

do you think you'll release the full dragon mech version of the adventure at some point?
Namfoodle "Sparklediver" Raulnor
{Wounds -12; HP = 11/23}
LVSUBARU
Far-Sighted Wanderer

Post by LVSUBARU »

goodmangames wrote:You know, it's funny you say that... DCC #3: The Mysterious Tower was actually written for my DragonMech game. It was a brief interlude type of encounter while they were en route to Edge, after clearing out a mensite mine full of lunar skinstealers. The reason the wizard's tower is encased in an impenetrable force field is because it was originally built to resist the lunar rain. I had to remove some of the background to make it fit into the DCC line, but it's kinda cool that you picked up on how well it fits... because it's supposed to!
That's pretty cool.

What changes did you make? The only thing I as going to change was maybe the Owlbears with a Dragonmech monster, or something more terrifing! 8)
goodmangames
Cold-Hearted Immortal

Post by goodmangames »

If I'd kept better notes I could give you some DragonMech-specific alterations, but I think I tossed those notes after DCC #3 was published! It wasn't that different in my DragonMech campaign, except for some of the background. I intended it to be a basic dungeon crawl to break the monotony of a long overland journey (from a meteor-mine in the northern Flatlands to the city of Edge), and they'd just had a huge adventure against lunar skinstealers, so I wanted to give them a break. I think there was a carrion crawler in there, which I changed to the otyugh for publication... and some other changes... but nothing too drastic.

The thing I remember the most about playing that adventure is the genie at the end. The PCs started to mess with it at one point, so it whipped up a whirlwind of coins and pelted them. The players took some damage and got scared, so they retreated. From then on they were terrified of it for some reason; they weren't sure how powerful it was so they just assumed it was super-powerful. So they just left the genie alone. They used the tower as a home base for a while and ended up calling the genie "our roommate" because he lived in the room right next door to where they slept. :)
Joseph Goodman
Goodman Games
www.goodman-games.com
LVSUBARU
Far-Sighted Wanderer

Post by LVSUBARU »

goodmangames wrote: So they just left the genie alone. They used the tower as a home base for a while and ended up calling the genie "our roommate" because he lived in the room right next door to where they slept. :)

:lol: :lol:
Nice!

Return to “DCC Modules - 3E”