DCC 14 - problems in chapter 6?

A forum for discussing the many DCC modules published under third edition rules, EXCEPT for Castle Whiterock, which has its own forum.

Moderators: DJ LaBoss, finarvyn, Harley Stroh

Mr. Patient
Gongfarmer

DCC 14 - problems in chapter 6?

Post by Mr. Patient »

Hi:

I'm really enjoying DCC 14 (Dungeon Interludes), but I'm having a couple of minor problems with the illustrations and maps for Chapter 6. The description for the Locked Gate (area 6-1) on p. 63 seems to suggest that the illustration on the same page shows how to place the elemental keys. However, the illustration looks to just be a scaled-down version of Player's Handout P, and doesn't show anything, really. Now, based on the runes in 6-2, I can guess that the fire key goes at the top of the pyramid, and the water key below it, with the void in the middle. But it's not clear to me where earth and air go. I can obviously just assign them arbitrarily, but is there a corrected illustration anywhere?

Also, the map for area 6-8 on p. 87 has two spots for water and none for air. Again, I can just fix it myself without too much trouble, maybe matching the layout of the elemental corridors, but I'm just wondering if there's a correct map available.

Thanks.
goodmangames
Cold-Hearted Immortal

Post by goodmangames »

Well... doggonit. You are reading the second printing of DCC #14. I am not sure how, but the illustration on page 63 lost its accompanying text in between the first and second printing. Usually second printings are supposed to correct errors, not create them! I have uploaded a PDF of the correct page from the first printing. Use the link below; this will give you the puzzle solution:

http://www.goodman-games.com/downloads/DCC14-page63.pdf

As for the area 6-8 map, that appears to be errata from both printings that's remain unnoticed until now. You get the prize for being the first to mention it! I don't have a correct map available, but I'll see if I can get one corrected before the third printing... ;)
Joseph Goodman
Goodman Games
www.goodman-games.com
Mr. Patient
Gongfarmer

Post by Mr. Patient »

goodmangames wrote:Well... doggonit.
Thanks very much! Looks like I guessed right on the fire and water, at least.

If you're seriously looking at a third printing, you may also want to revisit Jarson Tender's race on pp. 18-19. The boxed text refers to him as both a human and an elf ("a human corpse," "that same elf"), the stat block calls him a human, and the picture is clearly elven. Maybe split the difference and make him a half-elf ;-).

Thanks again for a terrific line of products.
ynnen
Hard-Bitten Adventurer

Post by ynnen »

Thanks for posting that updated pic, Joseph - and sorry to all for any confusion that caused.

Good catch on Jarson Tender's racial ambiguity... At least for the second printing we fixed Spineshank's racial mixup -- being referenced as both gnome and human in several areas.

That's what I get for changing my mind at the last minute! :P
Crypt of the Devil Lich, Dungeon Interludes, The Mask of Death, Adventure Begins, Vault of the Dragon Kings, the Power Gamers Wizard Strategy Guide, The Adventure Continues, Palace in the Wastes and PhoenixCrawl Open

Return to “DCC Modules - 3E”