Paths of Adventure - DCC 35

A forum for discussing the many DCC modules published under third edition rules, EXCEPT for Castle Whiterock, which has its own forum.

Moderators: DJ LaBoss, finarvyn, Harley Stroh

Mark_Gedak
Wild-Eyed Zealot

Paths of Adventure - DCC 35

Post by Mark_Gedak »

I've recently begun the "West to the Empire" adventure path suggested in DCC 35 as a pbem with several friends who don't live anywhere near each other.

Has anyone run this adventure path?
How did you link the adventures together?

We are using the pre-gens for the most part and one is playing the Knight's Squire. I'm assuming once the first adventure ends, he will likely want to take the knight's body/possessions home. Where is home?

Is that the "Empire" mentioned in "West to the Empire"?

Is there an overarching plot that I should be dropping hints for?
Harley Stroh
Cold-Hearted Immortal

Post by Harley Stroh »

The empire to the west is inteded to be Crieste, but you should feel free to alter the story to your needs. Similarly, in the squire retrieves the fallen’s knights armor and wants to return them, his goal will ultimately be Archbridge (though many adventures and mishaps should happen along the way).

Overarching plot? Since all the DCCs are intended to slip into ongoing campaigns, any master plot is up to you, your players, and the intended scope of your campaign. It could end with the PCs leading any army against the Scourge; with the emperor deeding the party a tract of wilderness along with the orders to construct and maintain a wilderness keep; or to infiltrate and destroy the Hall of the Mountain King.

From one GM to another, my advice would be to try to get a sense of the sort of campaign your players want to play, so they don't feel railroaded into events they didn't ask for.

//H
The lucky guy who got to write some Dungeon Crawl Classics.

DCC Resource thread: character sheets, judge tools, and the world's fastest 0-level party creator.
Highmoon
Ill-Fated Peasant

Post by Highmoon »

/cast thread necromany

Came across this while checking Mark's posts here.

I'm the player playing Squire Fisner, and man, did we take a totally different road!

I started a thread with a link to my game reports.
http://www.goodman-games.com/forums/vie ... php?t=3304

Return to “DCC Modules - 3E”