Dreaming Art of the Duergar Caverns

A forum for discussing the many DCC modules published under third edition rules, EXCEPT for Castle Whiterock, which has its own forum.

Moderators: DJ LaBoss, finarvyn, Harley Stroh

DitheringFool
Far-Sighted Wanderer

Dreaming Art of the Duergar Caverns

Post by DitheringFool »

I just got my hands on DCC#44 and I must say this is a fantabulous adventure!

I especially like the art on page 14 - why does it look so 1st edition familiar :wink:
Mike_Ferguson
Deft-Handed Cutpurse

Post by Mike_Ferguson »

Glad you're enjoying it! Let us know how it goes when you run the adventure - I always like reading "actual play" threads. :D

The art on page 14 wasn't my idea, but I was definitely pleased to see it, in all its 1st-edition PHB inspired goodness. The fact that it fits that particular encounter so well is a bonus.
James Mishler
Wild-Eyed Zealot

Post by James Mishler »

I'm at work now, so forgive me if I'm wrong, but isn't that the "Alignment Encounter" illo? If so, that's not 1E, that's from B/X, specifically the Basic booklet section on alignment...

I love classic-inspired art. Into the Wilds had some great pieces like that...
James Mishler
Personal Gameblog: http://adventuresingaming2.blogspot.com
Mike_Ferguson
Deft-Handed Cutpurse

Post by Mike_Ferguson »

James Mishler wrote:I'm at work now, so forgive me if I'm wrong, but isn't that the "Alignment Encounter" illo? If so, that's not 1E, that's from B/X, specifically the Basic booklet section on alignment...

I love classic-inspired art. Into the Wilds had some great pieces like that...
Think you're absolutely right on that one. My memory's not what it used to be .... :roll:

Overall, I was incredibly pleased with how "Dreaming Caverns" turned out. I've never been disappointed with how anything I've written has turned out, but for some reason "Caverns" hit all the right notes for me - it's probably my personal favorite out of anything I've done to date.

Return to “DCC Modules - 3E”