My DCC Campaign

A forum for discussing the many DCC modules published under third edition rules, EXCEPT for Castle Whiterock, which has its own forum.

Moderators: DJ LaBoss, finarvyn, Harley Stroh

ham2anv
Ill-Fated Peasant

My DCC Campaign

Post by ham2anv »

My girlfriend didn't have plot ideas for her Buffy game last weekend, and the group was already at our apartment, so they decided I should run something. After coming up with a long list of possible one-shots, I pulled out the #35 box and decided to run Halls of the Minotaur.

The group rolled up 0-levels, and we headed out into the Thornswild for some good low-level fun. It was an absolute blast. We got through about half the module, and they want more. It looks like this might become a campaign. My girlfriend is even willing to put off running her Buffy game again so we can play DCC.

I'm planning to head into #11, Dragonfiend Pact, after #35A, then probably some homemade stuff after that. I'm looking to set the game primarily in Thire, so I'll have some giant stuff, but also maybe some intrigue with the ruler and her love affair with Captain Sentri.

Here's the PCs (they started as 0-levels and have gained a level so far in play):
  • * My girlfriend, Jamie, playing a human Aristocrat/Ranger. She's talked about taking some Bard, too. A very reluctant hero.
    * Our friend Ben, playing a gnome Expert/Rogue. Boy, does he ever hate kobolds.
    * And Ben's roommate, Dan (our friend too, now), playing a human Warrior/Cleric of Justicia. He's still learning the game, but he's catching on quick.
I've started a story hour, but I'm not gonna start posting it until we have at least another session under our belts. (One problem is Dan and Ben took their character sheets home with them, and I can't remember their names right now.)
Harley Stroh
Cold-Hearted Immortal

Post by Harley Stroh »

After coming up with a long list of possible one-shots, I pulled out the #35 box and decided to run Halls of the Minotaur.
Ham,

I'm stoked that the adventure went so well, "off the shelf." :) Kudos especially for jumping into the 0-level madness. I'm excited to hear how you heroes fair against the minotaur. I ran 4 sessions of Halls at last GenCon, and in 2 of the sessions, things got a little out of control.

The minotaur wasted the PC of one of my favorite players --- and then things got ugly. :twisted:

Hope your heroes fair well...

//H
The lucky guy who got to write some Dungeon Crawl Classics.

DCC Resource thread: character sheets, judge tools, and the world's fastest 0-level party creator.
Maliki
Wild-Eyed Zealot

Post by Maliki »

Sounds like things got off to a great start, hope the campaign continues to roll along.
Never throw rocks at a man with a Vorpal Sword
ham2anv
Ill-Fated Peasant

Post by ham2anv »

Players are showing up any minute for the next session. Should face the minotaur tonight. I'm torn between using his stats as written and letting him heal, considering the PCs have taken several days to get back to the dungeon. (When the front-line warrior took 4 Con damage from poison, the party decided to retreat until he got his Con back.) We'll see how it goes.

Return to “DCC Modules - 3E”