idylls of the Rat King in my campaign

A forum for discussing the many DCC modules published under third edition rules, EXCEPT for Castle Whiterock, which has its own forum.

Moderators: DJ LaBoss, finarvyn, Harley Stroh

Andrew Hind

idylls of the Rat King in my campaign

Post by Andrew Hind »

Just thought I'd let everyone know how my group did in Idylls.

After I brought my group together for NeMoren's Vault (Fiery Dragon), the PCs were left as lords of this backwards, isolated barony. One struck out to open trade with the closest village---Silverton---and got sucked into the adventure.

I made some significant changes, both to compensate for a single 3rd level character and to suit my style of gaming, but the PC did well up until he met the Gnome Necromancer. The character had the pulp beaten out of him, but rather than kill him (he loves his character; its his favorite in 20 years of gaming), I decided to wing an uneasy co-existence between the gnome and Lawrence. It seems the former is none-too-pleased at playing second fiddle, and so seals the PC in the lowest level in the hopes that he will kill Lawrence and leave him as master of the mine.

Didn't work. My PC used the portal and ended up half a continent away....in freeport!

But the mine will be used again. Some surviving goblin wererats have tracked the origins of the PC back to the barony and are now plaguing the locals. And in the initial adventure there were hints of a bugbear aaarmy massing nearby......to save themselves, the PCs may have to free the warrior-demoness (changed from a vampire) locked within the mine, necessitating a return visit.

It worked out well.
Black Knight
Wild-Eyed Zealot

Post by Black Knight »

Andrew,

I'm glad it worked out well for you. Keep on the look out for the next Dungeon Crawl Classics adventure that's located between Silverton and Soulgrave (information will be released in the future). From the response I've gotten from the GMs and players of Idylls, it looks like the adventures in that area aren't done yet!

Jeffrey Quinn
Writer, Idylls of the Rat King (2003 Best Adventure Ennie Award Honorable Mention)
Writer, Complete Guide to Drow
goldsmith@stny.rr.com
http://jpquinn.mortality.net/

PS - Nice to see a fellow freelancer running games and modules from other companies (I thought I was about the last one).
Black Knight
Wild-Eyed Zealot

Post by Black Knight »

Nope, it's beyond #3.

Jeff
goodmangames
Cold-Hearted Immortal

Post by goodmangames »

Would this be Dungeon Crawl Classics #3: The Mysterious Tower?
The Mysterious Tower is an ancient wizard's tower encased by an invulnerable force field that pretty much sits in the middle of nowhere. (In other words, it's easy to place in any campaign.) The ghost of the old wizard is trapped with the tower inside the force field, glaring ferociously at those on the other side of his eternal prison. It's a classic, "Gee, that's weird... let's investigate" kind of adventure. Can the PCs find an entrance to the tower? What fortune lies undisturbed in the old wizard's domain? And so on.

Jeff's further adventures in and around Silverton should be released in early 2004 -- more details as they're finalized...
Joseph Goodman
Goodman Games
www.goodman-games.com
mshensley
Mighty-Thewed Reaver

Post by mshensley »

Very cool, thanks for the info.

Return to “DCC Modules - 3E”