Where is Freeport? (DCC 35)

A forum for discussing the many DCC modules published under third edition rules, EXCEPT for Castle Whiterock, which has its own forum.

Moderators: DJ LaBoss, finarvyn, Harley Stroh

Akrasia
Far-Sighted Wanderer

Where is Freeport? (DCC 35)

Post by Akrasia »

I'll be starting a game this week, likely using Freeport as the beginning location.

Since DCC35 doesn't come out for a few more weeks, I was wondering if some kind person -- either one of the authors or someone who purchased the 'Known Realms' at Gencon -- could tell me where Freeport is located in the world. More precisely, what ocean/sea is it in (Empyrean?), how close is it to Crieste, and is there anything around it? Is Freeport located on the Serpent's Teeth islands, as originally written, or does it have some other location?

Thanks for any help! :D
Treebore
Cold-Blooded Diabolist

Post by Treebore »

On the tip of the peninsula jutting out from the end of the Dragonspire Mountains into the Lirean Sea. Which is to the South of the "Theocracy of the Lance, west of the Uru'Nuk Highlands and North of the Achsfel Wastes.

13 of the DCC's are around the Lirian Sea.
Castles and Crusades is my game of choice!
Akrasia
Far-Sighted Wanderer

Post by Akrasia »

Thanks for the reply, Treebore.

Do you know whether the description for Freeport keeps the same backstory as the original modules (the serpent people of Valassa, etc.)?

(I wish there was a map of the region available ... two more weeks, ugh.)
Harley Stroh
Cold-Hearted Immortal

Post by Harley Stroh »

Akrasia,

We didn't create any new backstory for Freeport's backstory. I'm not an expert on the city, though, so you might have to retrofit DCC world to match some of Freeport's official history. That area of the world is loosely defined, so this shouldn't be much trouble.

Hope that helps ... let me know how the fit works.

//H
The lucky guy who got to write some Dungeon Crawl Classics.

DCC Resource thread: character sheets, judge tools, and the world's fastest 0-level party creator.
Treebore
Cold-Blooded Diabolist

Post by Treebore »

I would avoid using backstory that is outside the city itself until you get the boxed set and see for yourself how much the world would have to be altered to fit. Now there are close analogous races and things you could say are the "real story", and what is written in the Freeport books are just distorted tales from all the retellings. But there are a few things in the Freeport book you will have to delete, or add to ths world.
Castles and Crusades is my game of choice!

Return to “DCC Modules - 3E”