Other Planets and Spelljamming

Medieval fantasy mechs powered by steam, magic, or the labor of a thousand slaves.

Moderators: DJ LaBoss, finarvyn, Harley Stroh, walrusjester, mythfish

dulsi
Wild-Eyed Zealot

Other Planets and Spelljamming

Post by dulsi »

Are any other planets or anything mentioned in the DragonMech products? Just thinking of using Spelljammer and DragonMech together. Here were some thought I posted on the Spelljammer forum at Piazza:

Depending on how advanced they got in the first age of walkers, they could have had steam powered spelljammers. The lunar creatures have a vulnerability to earth magic and resistance to fire, air, and water (I think). I wondered about making that a defining feature of the crystal sphere. Each world would have a different set of vulnerabilities and resistances. The gods are also unusual as the lunar gods had no presence on the planet until pieces of the moon fell. The earth gods are sometimes hard to contact now because of that. Maybe the gods of the sphere are trapped to individual worlds (perhaps by another god or pantheon).
Dennis Payne
Identical Games
monke
Ill-Fated Peasant

Re: Other Planets and Spelljamming

Post by monke »

dulsi wrote:Are any other planets or anything mentioned in the DragonMech products? Just thinking of using Spelljammer and DragonMech together. Here were some thought I posted on the Spelljammer forum at Piazza:

Depending on how advanced they got in the first age of walkers, they could have had steam powered spelljammers. The lunar creatures have a vulnerability to earth magic and resistance to fire, air, and water (I think). I wondered about making that a defining feature of the crystal sphere. Each world would have a different set of vulnerabilities and resistances. The gods are also unusual as the lunar gods had no presence on the planet until pieces of the moon fell. The earth gods are sometimes hard to contact now because of that. Maybe the gods of the sphere are trapped to individual worlds (perhaps by another god or pantheon).

Not a bad idea, man. You could have the one sphere called Highspace or somesuch where Highpoint and its moon exist. Within that sphere you could create another planet or two, or an asteroid belt where some of the answers to the divine conflict might be discovered. I wonder if a helm could be made that would run a mech?
Hmmmmmm...

Return to “DragonMech”